Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

“Robert Robert, wake up.” Robert felt someone shaking him to wake up. Robert grunted and rolled over to see who was trying to wake him up. He came face to face with Nora, then looked at the clock and saw it was six in the morning.

            “Ah Nora it’s too early to be up. What is so important that you had to wake me so early?”

            “Don't tell me you forgot what today was?” it was too early in the morning for Robert’s brain to be thinking.

            “Yes I forgot what is today?” Nora slaps Robert with a pillow on his head.

            “Ouch Nora, what the hell did you do that for, my god.” Robert sat up in his bed and rubbed his head.

            “I can’t believe you forgot that today was my first ultrasound.”

            “Oh crap I am sorry Nora, I thought it was tomorrow. What time is your appointment?”

            “It’s not until one, and you better be there on time. Are you going to bring Preston also?”

            “I’ll be there and let me call him to see if he is free, I had told him it was tomorrow.”

            “Ok” Nora got up from his bed and walked out of the room, he could see her small baby bump, and he wondered how many months she was? Robert got out of bed and grabbed his phone, he wondered if Preston was even awake yet. He dialed Preston’s number and waited for him to answer.

            “Oh god who ever this is I’m going to kill you. It is too early in the morning to be getting phone calls. You better have a good reason for calling me.”

            “Well good morning to you too amorcito.” Robert chuckled.

            “Oh god I’m sorry Robert I had a late night, we were putting up Christmas decorations. What can I do for you?”

            “What are you doing later this afternoon?”

            “I will be Christmas shopping with Vera and Xavier, why?”

            “Any chance you could get out of going with them and by the way why wasn’t I invited to join?”

            “No sorry I can’t and you were not invited, because I’m shopping for your Christmas and birthday gift. I want you to be surprise, so what’s up?”

            “I told you not to get me anything, but the real reason I’m asking is because Nora’s ultrasound appointment is today not tomorrow. I wanted to see if you could come, but if you can’t I’ll just tell her you’re busy.”

            “Dang it Robert I really wanted to be there and just because you don’t want anything doesn’t mean I’m going to listen to you.”

“I’m sorry, just go tomorrow or better yet just don’t get me anything.”

            “This is the only time Vera can come with me, I need her help picking your gift. Yes you’re getting a gift whether you like or not.”

            “Fine, get me a gift I don’t need or want, but now you’re going to have to let me get you something and it can be whatever I want it to be.”

“I know I’m really going to regret this, but you can’t spend money on it. I want a gift that truly comes from the heart.”

“Hum so I can get you anything I want, but I can’t waste any money on it?”