Chapter Thrity-Seven

• Dedicated to Veronica Baca

Chapter Thrity-Seven 

            Robert woke up on Monday morning and got dressed. Today was the day he and Preston were getting matching tattoos, he still had no clue as to what it was going to be. He went downstairs to grab something to eat, when he walked into the kitchen he only found Rose at the table. He found this odd; she never ate at the table for breakfast.

            “Morning Robert, how are you this fine morning?” Rose said. Robert just stared at her, something was wrong. She was never nice to him unless his mom or uncle were around.

            “Good morning to you too and I’m doing pretty well. You’re in a good mood this morning.” Robert said. Rose looked back at him and just smiled.

            “Well let’s just say I had a good time this weekend.” He could tell she was up to something, but didn’t really care or had the time to find out.

            “Ok, can you tell mom I’ll be back later?” Robert said as he grabbed an apple and headed out. He was stopped by Nora as she and Vince came in through the front door.

            “Hey Robert where are you off to in such a hurry?” Nora said.

            “Oh I have to meet Preston, where were you?” Robert asked.

            “I went over to Vera’s house; we were talking to Vince’s aunt and uncle. We decided to tell them and they were ok with it.” Nora said.

            “Aren’t you worried that they will tell you know who?”

            “You don’t have to worry about that. My uncle won’t say a word to him.” Vince said.

            “But that’s not the best part; he said if I needed to I can move in with them if it came down to that. So I won’t have to move so far away.” Nora said

            “That’s great Nora, I’m glad things are going along so well for you two. So what are you guys hoping to have?”

            “It doesn’t matter, just as long as we have a healthy a baby.” Vince said as he looked at Nora, Robert was glad Nora found a nice guy who will do anything for her.

            “That’s good, well I hate to leave, but I have to go. I’ll talk to you guys later.” Robert walked out of the door before they had a chance to say anything else.

            Preston was in his room looking at the drawing he had asked Vera to do for him. It was the tattoo idea he wanted to get with Robert. It was a small, simple design that would look nice anywhere, he hoped Robert would like it. His mom knocked on his door.

            “Come in,” Preston said as he put the drawing back in his pocket.

“Hey honey, Robert’s waiting for you downstairs.” Erin said.

            “Ok thanks mom, I’ll be down in a minute.” Preston said as he grabbed his wallet and sweater. He walked down the stairs and found Robert waiting for him.

            “Hey Amor you ready to go?” Robert asked him.

            “Yeah, hey mom I’m leaving I’ll be back later.” Preston said as he and Robert went out the door.

            “Ok have fun.” Erin said as they went to the car. Robert pulled out of the driveway and drove off. He turned to face Preston and reached over to grab his hand.