Chapter Thirty-Three

            Robert woke up early; he was used to having Preston with him while he slept. He had a hard time going to sleep without him next to him. These next couple of weeks will be torture for him. He got up and got dressed so he could leave to see his dad. When he got downstairs, he walked into the kitchen to find only his mom.

            “Morning mom,” Robert sat down at the table with her.

            “Good morning mijo, how did you sleep?”

            “Ok, it could have been better.”

            “Are you already leaving?”

            “Yeah I want to spend as much time as I can with him.”

            “Ok mijo just be careful ok?”

            “I will, bye mom I love you.”

            “I love you too mijo.” Robert got up, walked outside to his car, and headed to where his dad has been living for the last six years. When Robert got to the street where his dad lived, he felt like he had been here before. He parked the car and got out. He looked at the house and he could have sworn he had been here before; he knocked on the front door and waited for his dad. When the door opened he recognized the older woman, he looked her and realized he knew why the house was so familiar. This was the home of his grandma Lillian. He couldn’t believe his dad had been here the whole time. When his grandma looked at him, she knew who he was as well.

            “Ay dios mio is that you Robbie?” she had tears forming in her eyes; it had been such a long time since she had seen him.

            “Yes Abuelita it’s really me.” Robert hugged her and kissed her cheek.  “Ay mijo I haven’t seen you in forever, come on in. your dad is in the back.” Robert followed his abuelita to the back of the house. She had kept it the same from the last time he was here.

            “Cristian, Robbie is here to see you.” Robert walked into the room and stood face to face with his dad. He hadn’t changed a bit; he could now see where his looks came from.

            “Robbie I’m so glad to see you.” Cristian walked up to him and hugged Robert. Robert had forgotten how good his hugs could make you forget about everything bad.

            “I’m glad to see you dad, you have no idea how much I missed you.”

            “I’m sorry mijo; I tried to get y’all out of there.”

            “I know dad, mom told me everything. So how have you been?”

            “Good, but I could be better if I had y’all with me. What about you how have you been?”

            “Dad I have to tell you something and I don’t know how you’re going to react.”

            “Ok Robbie you can tell me anything.”

            “Ok, I met someone and I have fallen in love with this amazing person. I can’t image life without this person.”

            “That’s good, what’s her name?”

            “His name is Preston and I’m in love with a boy.” Robert waited to see what his dad was going to say about this. He wanted him to be ok with it like his mom. Robert saw his dad and grandma smiling at him.