Chapter 31 - How Can You Say Goodbye to the Ones You Love?

Here is chapter 31! It's really sad. So much love and sorrow in it. Just reading it makes me want to cry! I hope you like it though. Thanks guys! - LongLiveMusic17

-------------------------------------------------------------

How do you say goodbye to six people who mean the world to you?

How do you even begin to muster the courage to leave them behind when it's the very last thing you want to do?

The answer to these questions is that you can't do it - willingly. There is no way you can even begin to find the ideal way to leave behind a life you want. It's a similar feeling to straining against a bungee cord. Its goes against the grain, because you want nothing more but to let go and give in to the pull bringing you back. The only difference now was that I couldn't let go and go back. I was being forced to keep walking forward, to keep tightening the cord and increasing the tension.

The tingle had been present in my life for a few weeks and it had reached the point of disrupting my life drastically. I couldn't sleep because I was too scared it would take me in my sleep. I could barely eat because it made my stomach flutter with nerves and sickness. I was exhausted, and there were times when it would come in waves and cause my body to fall, too weak to stand. In those times I had to clutch Edward's body to stay steady on my feet.

We all knew when it first arrived that I only had a couple of weeks left at best, so the time had been spent in a way that was meant to tie up loose ends and prepare for goodbyes.

In a way it worked. Carlisle gave me my EEG test results which showed my brain did indeed have abnormal electrical impulses. He carried out more tests with the tingle was present and told me that with each fluctuation my brain showed signs similar to epilepsy, although that was as much as he could tell me. He didn't know why these 'fits' would cause me to jump through time.

He also told me that even if I was changed there were too many risks involved. The venom could trigger and react with the electrical impulses. It could destroy me either by the excessive electricity, or the velocity and power of the possible consequential jumps. When he told me this I didn't believe him at first. I thought Edward had just told him to dissuade me from that path, but then I saw the expression in his eyes. He may not have known much about my condition, but he knew a lot about vampires and their physiology. According to his research, electricity was one of the reasons vampires existed and were animated without blood in their veins. It was because of this that he said my body may not be able to cope with the level of electricity. The usual electricity of the change added with the tingle may be too much. I was back to square one with seemingly no escape from my condition.

Alice, Esme, and Rose helped me pack my bag with things that I would need on my travels. Clothes were Alice's forte, and she ensured I had everything I would need for the various seasons and places. She even bought a couple of vintage dresses for me to wear in the past since my own were now too small. Esme focussed on the memories and sentimental objects, giving me a photo album for my photos and a new diary to fill out since my old one was full. Rose was less conventional and gave me a can of pepper spray and something called a Taser. She may not have been as vocal about our relationship, but she said that since I seemed to attract violence it would be best for me to be prepared.

Emmett and Jasper did as all big brothers did; they taught me how to defend myself, how to pick a lock, and how to break the rules without getting caught.

Me and Edward even paid one last visit ot my small cottage in the woods to spend a night alone together in the place we had started our romance. It was odd being back there but somehow it still held a feeling of home. I knew it always would because the Esme wouldn't let it fall into disrepair.