Chapter 9 - The Future

Here's chapter 9! (: I'm so happy because I finally got a comment! :D I'm glad people like it! So I hope you guys like this! Please comment, vote, and/or fan me! Enjoy! - LongLiveMusic17

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to Emmakinz for being an awesome reader and because her comment meant so much to me and it made me smile when I read it! (:

-------------------------------------------------------

We had been travelling through the Texan countryside for 2 days now and still not reached our destination. The group was being slowed down by the older generation that weren't able to keep up with the faster spend of the children and young adults. It had been decided that the group would be split into 2 so that the soldiers didn't have to spread out over a large distance to watch over the whole group.

The split had been decided last night and today was the morning that we would be separated into age groups.

Me and Katelyn had already been placed in the younger group which meant we would be travelling with Dale and a few other soldiers. I was happy that I knew one of them but I didn't feel as safe without Jasper.

He was staying with the older group because he decided they would be most vulnerable and therefore would be more of a target.

It was because of his decision that Katelyn now sat sobbing into my green dress.

"It's not fair, why does fate hate me so much? I want to stay with Jasper. He's my Jasper. I'll never find another man like him." Katelyn was always so dramatic but it suited her perfectly and didn't come across as irritating.

"You have nothing to worry about Katie. Jasper is an excellent soldier." She sniffled so I thought of some that would definitely cheer her up.

"Just imagine how romantic it will be when you 2 are reunited in San Antonio. You and your Major" Katelyn instantly perked up and her eyes gleamed at the prospect of her and her Major living happily ever after.

I was still unsure as to whether Jasper actually held any affection for Katelyn and so I felt a little discomfort at using the image of him and her to motivate Katelyn.

"Oh Sarelle! Do you really think so? That would be the most amazin' thing. Just imagine how happy Momma and Pops would be when I marry a Major. And he's such a handsome man, we would make a very pretty couple. We must get to San Antonio as fast as possible. I need to find a new dress! I can't be reunited with my Jasper in this rag." She picked at her well made dark red dress as if it was a sack.

The sound of horse's hooves came towards us and we looked up, covering our eyes from the sun, to see Jasper getting off his chestnut coloured horse.

"You will be leaving soon with Dale. I just wanted to give you a goodbye. I hope we'll meet again sometime in the future."

"It's been a pleasure knowing you Jasper and I wish you all the luck in the world" I knew I wouldn't see him again.

"And you Sarelle" Jasper's face showed that he could hear the finalising tone in my voice. I thought I hadn't given it away but Jasper was always more perceptive than others.

The tingle had increased steadily over the past days. I could now feel it humming round in the air around me. I didn't know how much longer it would take to get to a point that it dragged me under but I prayed it would give me 2 more days. At least then we would have arrived at our destination and Katelyn would be safe with her Aunt and Uncle.

I wasn't expected to stay with them so I could say my goodbye's and depart without leaving a mystery behind me. Katelyn would be too busy preparing herself for the arrival of Jasper to miss my presence too much.