Chapter 28 - Just a Dream

The best thing about not having to go to school is that I can upload sooner. (: Anyway, here is chapter 28! I hope you like it! - LongLiveMusic17

----------------------------------------------

Darkness surrounded me as I lay in the large white bed. It was an idyllic night scene of a moonlit window allowing in the delicate light to bathe the soft white drapes with dreamy silver radiance. I uncurled my body from the cramped ball I had been sleeping in due to my vulnerable sense of feeling. It was my subconscious's way of demonstrating the aftermath of the talk with Rosalie. As I unwound my limbs the door drifted open. I felt my heart quiver eagerly as Edward walked towards me in perfect sensuous motion. His eyes burned into mine with a need so deep and desirous that I could feel it almost pulling me towards him.

Pure gravity.

Slow and steady, I rose from where I lay, reaching for him in my sleepy state while his scent drifted in the air around me.

He came to me easily, his lips seeking my own like a missile to its target.

My whole body relaxed at the contact of his lips on mine; lost to the feeling of sanctuary he gave my soul. Almost too lost to register that something was different, something tainted the feeling of refuge.

The realisation squirmed under my skin like a parasite, uncomfortable and unwanted.

His lips weren't stone cold or firm. They were human, too rough and heated. His tongue forced its way through my lips to plunder my mouth in a rash uncomfortable fashion.

I gasped away in revolt but his hands held me in place firmly as I struggled beneath him.

My frightened eyes locked with his own, but they weren't his beautiful golden gaze anymore, he wasn't Edward anymore. He was Ashton in all his hideous glory and repulsive force.

His hands wrestled with my squirming body as if I was merely a naughty child. His sick laughter echoed in my ears, and my world swirled and distorted as he touched each pain point, just as he had done before.

My eyes gasped open when I felt the sting of his slap on my face.

We weren't alone, not anymore. The bed was the ground and my eyes darted around the smug, laughing faces of Royce and his friends as they watched me fight beneath Ashton.

I was helpless against them.

They were going to do again.

They were going to destroy me again and I could do nothing about it.

Every attempt at causing Ashton harm was futile. My rough actions passed straight through him as if he were just ghost. Only he wasn't a ghost because I could feel him, I could feel his hands all over me. It was so real. Too real. I couldn't take it; I wasn't strong enough, not this time.

"Play nice, Sarelle. Be the good little girl that I know you are." His words made shivers of disgust shake my body.

My head jerked to the side as I felt a consoling hand press into mine, it was cold and comforting until I saw the owner's expression.

"Sarelle, I thought you were an angel." Edward's hurt eyes bore into mine, and I felt the tears burst from my eyes as I tried to clutch his hand. He was pulling away from me. He was going to leave me here with Ashton and Royce. He was going to leave me with the nightmare, alone to battle my demons.

"Edward. She's broken." Aslo's soft voice drifted through my mind. I saw him standing behind Edward's crouched form, his hand on his shoulder, pulling him away.