Chapter 26 - Spending the Day with Alice and Esme

Here's chapter 26! I hope you like it and yes, I know the title of this chapter rhymes a bit. I didn't even think about it. I just typed the title and when I read it, it rhymed a little. Anyway, thank you for all the reads! It means a lot. (: - LongLiveMusic17

------------------------------------------------

The sun was bright outside the window when I woke, with small clouds scuttling across the sky. They were gathering to dominant the blue sky and I sighed that yet another day would go by when the sun wouldn't grace my face. I didn't mind the mild cloudy weather; it seemed to match the mild contentment that filled me in recent days, ever since Edward became a solid part of my life.

I sighed as I woke up properly and rolled to rest my head on Edward's barely covered chest.

"Morning," I said as he smiled down at me, his eyes casting over the glinting platinum band.

"Good morning." He ran his fingertips over the simple band and I nuzzled his bare chest as my happiness bubbled to the surface. The memories of last night were racing through my mind, and I felt a joyous blush coating my cheeks.

"I'm glad you enjoyed last night as much as me," Edward said in response to the memories running in a stream through my head.

"You should probably get dressed. Alice called before you woke up. She's taking you shopping."

I scurried out of bed and rushed to get ready. Alice rarely had enough patience to wait long.

Edward left me to get dressed in peace, making me some breakfast in the kitchen instead.

Once I was wearing my simple outfit of a red blouse, navy poodle skirt and white pumps, I dashed into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around Edward's waist as he stood at the counter.

"So what are your plans for the day?" I asked as Edward directed me to the table, placing my jam and toast in front of me.

"Hunting. I believe you girls are going to gossip and shop while we boys are away."

"Is have fun the right sentiment for such an occasion?" I asked smiling as I bit down into the blackberry jam covered toast.

"I believe it is. We'll only be gone for the weekend." I nodded as I chewed and Edward's eyes watched me intently as if eating was some kind of fascination for him, perhaps it was because it was another human thing he could no longer experience like sleep.

"Do you have a favourite? Animal that is." Edwards face looked affronted as if the subject wasn't one he cared to discuss. I instantly felt awkward for asking and managed to drip sticky jam down the corner of my mouth.

Edward leant forward and caught the drip before it dropped onto the table, capturing it on his finger.

"Discussing my diet doesn't bother you?" He asked as finished tracing the sticky jam trail left on the side of my lips.

I was too enraptured by his actions to think clearly but I shook my head anyway.

"Well then, to satisfy your curiosity my favourite is mountain lion." He stared into my eyes and offered his finger up, the jam glistening on his fingertip as an almost bloody contrast to his pale skin.

Tentatively, I reached forward and sucked the jam from his finger in a way that made me blush with the connotations.

I had been born into a more formal time but my ability had caused me to grow up with a much less sheltered outlook on life than the prim and proper Edwardian ways. However, I was still surprised by Edward's behaviour. Our relationship, although intimate, had never stepped into the realms of pure passion. Not yet. I knew it would be a step that could not be taken lightly. Not for our morals or safety sake. Edward was still very much a gentleman so I couldn't imagine that he would want such a step to be taken until we were older and much more ready.