Chapter 1 - The Beginning and Meeting Carlisle

Here's chapter 1! I really hope you all like it! And could you pretty please tell people about me and this story? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys! (: - LongLiveMusic17

P.S. The chapters are going to be REALLY LONG!! (:

---------------------------------------------

13th July 1910, London

"My darling Sarelle, promise to behave for Shannon. No bedtime antics, ok?" My mother was bent in front of me with her silvery blonde hair piled upon her head. It was in the latest fashion of intricate curls with delicate wisps tickling around the edge of her face. She was, to me, the most beautiful woman in the world, and I was filled with pride that she was my mother.

I bent my head, and she stroked her hands through my hair before placing a motherly kiss upon the top of my head. I looked up, beaming as our eyes locked, and her pastel green eyes softened with maternal affection. The expression on her face showed her excitement of the coming journey and event.

My nanny, Shannon, was to care for me while my parents travelled to Southend-on-Sea to attend a Navy ball.

It wasn't the first time I had been left with the nanny. My parents often left town for fancy social events, so this routine of saying goodbyes in the hallway was well rehearsed. I kept a quiet smile on my lips to hide the discomfort I felt whenever I watched my mother and father walk through the door, leaving me behind.

My mother stepped away and talked to Shannon whilst my father came and swooped me up in his arms. Our laughter tinkled through the hallway as he tickled my sides and swung me round through the air.

"Now my little Sarelle, you be a good girl, and don't go having too many adventures without me." He winked and placed a firm kiss on my cheek before placing me back down on the wooden floor.

"I love you, Father."

"I love you too, Sarelle. But we'll be back before you know it. Remember, don't..."

"... Waste time because you can't get it back." I finished. His warm brown eyes twinkled, and the golden fire in them shone brightly with his pride. I was his little girl, and every moment we spent together was saturated with his love of his family.

"Always remember my sweet little girl:

'Time is free, but it's priceless.

You can't own it, but you can use it.

You can't keep it, but you can spend it.

Once you've lost it you can never get it back.'"

His eyes glimmered, and the gold sparkled more than usual. He loved that quote and had repeated it to me several times as I grew up. He had always taught me to never regret anything I do because otherwise it would just be wasted time.

I smiled warmly at him and gave him a tight hug as I replied, "I'll never forget, Father."

He stroked my cheek, and I stepped away back to the banister on the stairs. I watched him as he turned to my mother and impatiently ran a hand through his dark brown wavy hair.

"Lily, we really must be leaving if we are to get there before dark."

My mother hurriedly finished her instructions to Shannon and spun to hold my father's hand as they made their way out to the carriage.

"Honestly, Adam, it's only now twelve o'clock, and Southend-on-Sea is only a three hour carriage journey. We have plenty of time."

Her vivid red dress was cut to create the ideal hour glass figure and swayed gracefully around her ankles, revealing the pale golden slipper shoes that she wore to match the gold and pearl necklace and earrings.