Chapter 14 - Photos, Learning More About Renee, & Kelsey

Hey guys! I'm back!! Yay! XD I had so much fun on spring break! I made friends with people from California! It was fun. (: Anyway, here's chapter 14! I hope you guys like it! And keep voting! I would like to get at least 20 votes by next week. Thanks guys! You rock! (: - LongLiveMusic17 

-------------------------------------------------------

The soft tunes of Clair de Lune echoed through my ears as I lay in stretched out on my bed staring at the cream ceiling. The small tape player was Renee's, but the classical tap was mine, and it had become like a lifeline to me the past few weeks that I stayed here.

I hadn't heard from or seen Casey and I found I didn't crave her company, however neither have I had any contact from Chris and I wished that I had some way of apologising for the incident that had pushed him away. I had been cut off from that little world of socialising after experiencing only a couple days of it. Instead I had sunk back into my routine of visiting the library and the music store to keep me from insanity.

There was only one bright new addition to my life in this place and that was the friendship I had developed with Renee and little Bella.

Renee could spend hours asking me various questions about my life, the differences between the time's I've lived in and the ways in which each society worked. Each little tale I told her would bring more questions with it and I soon found that I was divulging every small detail of my life without gaining any insight into her own. I had never been a person to long for the attention to always be fixed on myself and so it went against my nature to have my life's story completely exposed to someone I have only known for a month.

However there was something so disarming about Renee, she held a very childish opinion of the world. Not in a way that was naive or overly innocent instead she saw things differently to other people. She saw opportunities in situations that others would never have had the mindset to see. I enjoyed the way she would describe how she saw each of my stories. That small insight into her imagination was a wonderful thing.

I shifted on my bed as I heard the locked rattling, it was a clear sign that Renee was home and I slowly sat up preparing myself for the whirlwind she would bring with her. The new questions she may have thought up during her day, a description of things she'd seen on or done in the day, new things that Bella may have done. She was only a few years old but the little girl was already intelligent for her age. She would often sit quietly beside me drawing small pictures with her crayons whilst I listened to my music or read from one of the many library books I had piled next to my bed.

I smiled when I looked to see her latest drawing stuck to Renee's bed. It was of the 3 of us all standing together holding hands with big smiles on our faces. She'd drawn me with bright yellow hair whilst musical notes danced in the air around my stick figure. I had shown her the little compositions that I had learnt whilst at the music store and although I knew she didn't really understand what they meant I was proud to see that she still associated them with me and had remembered that I had shared them with her.

As a 2 year old she was at the peak of her inquisitive nature and it was amusing to see that Bella's little questions of how, what, and why, almost matched the same questions Renee asked me.

Renee burst into the room with her usual flurry of movement and she whirled round the room organising herself in the same haphazard fashion as she always did. I watched as she placed Bella on the floor and she toddled towards me with a toothy smile on her face.

"Sarelle!" Her sweet little voice called out as she grasped at the air as her signal for me to lift her onto the bed with me.

"Hello Little Bella. Did you have a nice day?" She didn't answer because she was too busy trying to reach for one of the books I had on the top of my pile. The cover capturing her attention, it was Aslo's.