Chapter 5 - The Mysterious Woman and Aslo

Okay guys, here's chapter 5! I would like to thank you for all the reads, but I would also like it if you would comment and vote. Please? (: also, the vampire's name is Aslo. It's pronounced like 'as' and 'low' put together, but without the 'w'. K? K. So vote, comment, fan me. (: I hope you like it! - LongLiveMusic17

-----------------------------------------------------

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would like to say my goodbye to the Masens was easy. That I didn't feel any remorse that afternoon as I left their house to join twenty other's at the orphanage. These things I would like to say but can't. The truth be told I hated the way their faces looked as I waved from the street, watching them see me off at the door. Edward's blank face barely hid the build up of tears in his eyes. Even Elizabeth and Edward Snr looked on at me with sad expressions. I didn't want to have them sad at my departure. I wanted them to wave me off happy that they had helped and that I was going to be safe again. Not sad that they couldn't keep me with them.

I had promised to visit next time I could, although I didn't say when that would be. I didn't even know if I would ever be able to see these caring people again.

They had taken me into their home so willingly that it seemed callous to not be able to give them a simple promise of communication or a definite visit.

I knew, however, that is was better to hold back a promise than to tell them an outright lie.

Although this time the tingle merely built and didn't shock me, it was still there. It was still going to tear me away from here. The difference this time was that instead of desperately holding onto this place I would surrender and let the tingle fade me away to whatever new adventure it decided to take me to.

I stood in the orphanage hallway with these thoughts occupying my head. No one was in sight and my locket was clutched in my hand whilst my sack of belongings hung heavily on my back.

The mistress of this place hadn't paid much attention to me when I arrived instead just shuffling me up the cramped dark stairway into a dusty room with an old iron bed. I didn't stay in there long. I didn't intend on even spending an hour or two in this miserable place. That is why I stood in the hallway outside my designated room.

The tingle was a lot stronger now, almost like electric current running mere centimetres from my skin. Just waiting to soak through my body and cause me to disappear from this place.

I took a steadying breath and set my feet solid on the ground. I wasn't sure how I had jumped in the past, but I felt that this time things might be easier. I wouldn't feel the drowning sensation from the dark that used to leave me disorientated and panicked.

I resigned myself completely to the tingle on my skin, feeling nothing but that complete sense of acceptance.

My hazel eyes closed, and I felt the electricity running across my skin making the hairs on my skin stand on end.

There was the same peculiar stilling of time around me. The moment when it goes deadly silent and the air seems a little stagnant.

I relaxed as I felt my skin numb; all I was aware of was my mind and a feeling of self. I knew I was still there, still me, but I also knew my body was no longer part of time and space. Instead it was flying through it to a destination unknown.

After mere seconds of stillness time came back to my senses. Noises, smells, and feelings came back to my solidifying body.

I felt long grass rustle around my feet and the mild temperature played on my skin. The subtle scent of fresh river water ran through the air mixed with the smell of luscious pine, while the sound of a bird flying above me, along with the gushing sound of fast water hitting stones, woke up my hearing.