Find your anchor

I was making my way to the catering area but I was pulled around the corner. Bray Wyatt stood in front of me with a huge grin across his face. The sight of him caused my stomach to drop and my heart to race. 

"You're attacking in the light? Wow. Surprise surprise." I forced a smile. His blue eyes stared deep into mine and a high level of awkwardness filled the area. "Alright I don't have time for a staring contest." I pushed away from him but he pinned me against the wall, blocking me in with his arms. My heart nearly stopped. "You've got nothing to be afraid of lovely," He ran his fingers through my hair, "I can't hurt such a beautiful face." He purred. "You're not my type." I could feel my stomach getting sick. "But you're mine and the devil always gets what he craves." He brought his face closer to mine breathing onto my neck. My heart dropped into my stomach and I could feel a panic attack nearing its exposure. This time I'm scared. 

Suddenly something hard hit his back and he dropped to the ground in agony. Dean stood there with a steel chair in his hands and a violent smile on his face. Dean is always the one coming to my rescue. He continuously hit Bray with the steel chair. He started laughing and screaming at Bray while beating the life out of him with the chair.

He's going to kill him which I'm okay with but unfortunately the law isn't. "Dean." I grabbed his arm but he just kept smashing the chair into Brays body. "Dean!" I yelled and he finally stopped. He looked at me with crazed eyes. He dropped the chair and stared down at Brays body then back up at me. "Are you okay?" His voice cracked. I nodded. He ran his hands through his hair roughly looking around confused. We need to get away from Bray right now.

I led Dean outside of the arena where a gentle mist fell. He's shaking and spacing out a lot. "Dean, are YOU okay?" I asked staring into his eyes. He didn't answer. What the heck is going on. There was a long and awkward silence.

"I just blacked out. I haven't done that in years." He mumbled as if he were talking to himself. "The sight of Bray Wyatt forcing himself on you like that made me so fucking mad. I could have killed him Adalia." He stared at the pavement. I don't know how to respond. He slid down the building wall and into the ground dropping his head into his hands. "You know I finally thought I was getting better, the voices went away and I hadn't lost my temper in a really long time. I finally felt a little normal." The pain in his voice almost broke my heart. I sat down next to him. I still couldn't figure out how to respond. He ran his fingers roughly through his hair a few times. "I wanted to kill him. I probably would have if you didn't stop me." He stared at me, his eyes bloodshot as if he's holding back tears. "But you didnt. You controlled it. You brought yourself back into reality." I spoke keeping my voice soft. He let out a shaky breath. I just want to hug him and tell him everything is okay but I don't know if that's something Dean Ambrose is okay with.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he got back to his feet. I got up and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him. He hugged me back like he needed it badly. "It's going to be okay Dean, you're a strong man and you'll be okay." I spoke into his dampened sweatshirt. "Don't tell anybody about this Adalia, this stays between you and I. Don't talk about it. It never happened." He pulled away from me and stared into my eyes making sure that I understood that.

"Are you okay for your match tonight?" I asked quietly as we sat down in the catering area. "I'm fine." He whispered. He's not fine and he is pretty damn bad at lying. "You're a bad liar." I smirked. "That makes two of us." He fidgeted with his fingers.

"Did you see our match? We just whooped some major Wyatt ass!" Seth's arms wrapped around me and he rested his head on top of mine. "Sorry I was starving so I missed it and I got scared so I dragged Dean with me." I lied. I hate lying, especially to Seth.

Dean's match is next and he's freaking out. I can see it in his eyes. We all made our way through the crowd and into the ring. He began to pace once he got into the ring and kept cracking his knuckles. Seth and Roman slid out of the ring, "You got this." I patted him on the shoulder and slid out of the ring. It's weird how we're not banned from ringside for Dean's match. I wonder if Bray Wyatt planned this all out.

Brad Maddox made his way down the ramp and the crowd boo'd him. "The Wyatt's have left the building for unknown reasons so you're new opponent is," Kane's pyro hit and his theme song followed, "Kaaaane!" Out of all the superstars that could replace Bray Wyatt, why did he have to pick Kane?

The match started out slow but Kane got the upper hand. Dean's mind isn't in this match at all. He's letting Kane throw him around. "What are you doing? Come on Dean!" Seth yelled through the ropes. Dean's letting Kane beat the shit out if him. He's trying to punish himself but it looks a lot like he's enjoying it. Come on Dean.

Kane's setting Dean up for a choke slam. "I can't just watch." Roman snuck into the ring behind Kane and as soon as Kane turned around Roman connected a huge spear which ended the match disqualifying Dean. "And your winner, as a result of a disqualification, Kane!" The ring announcer spoke.

I knelt down next to Dean who has a pained grin on his face. "Why didn't you fight back?" I asked while Seth and Roman are finishing off Kane outside of the ring. "I deserved it." He groaned and sat up. "No you didn't." It hurts to see Dean so discouraged and angry at himself.

"Dean you need to find your anchor. When you feel yourself begin to slip away you need to use that anchor to pull you back in. I used to have really nasty panic attacks all of the time but then I found something to pull me out of them and it worked every time." I helped him get to his feet. "What was your anchor?" He asked. "My mother." There was a long pause. "You've been having bad panic attacks lately though..." He stared into my eyes. I sighed. I don't have an anchor to pull me back anymore, my mom isn't strong enough anymore. "Find your anchor." I whispered.

I don't know why but this is one of my favorite chapters, I know there's no buildup or anything but I think that it'll lead to some good (and maybe bad) things in the future. I hope you enjoy it!