A little shaken but still hopeful

I woke up to an empty bed. We have the day off today, no live events. Usually I would be bummed out but since I can't compete in any matches and it's terrifying not to know what's behind my back I'd rather have the day off. My stomach rumbled loudly and the smell of pancakes filled my nose.

I made my way out into the living room to see Seth and Dean with a mouth full of pancakes. Seth forced a smile when he saw me. Roman stood in the kitchen flipping pancakes. There's something kind of hilarious about that, this big intimidating dude slaving over the oven. I laughed to myself and that caught his attention. "You hungry shortie?" I gave him a nod. Shortie, heh. These guys are full of nicknames.

I collapsed onto the couch next to Dean. He seemed surprised that I sat next to him but there's no other open seats and the floor doesn't look too promising. "How ya' holding up babe?" Dean asked placing his hand on my thigh. I don't like him touching me but I don't want to be rude, considering everything he's done for me. Seth noticed my discomfort and punched Dean's arm. "I'm fine." I lied. He moved his hand to his own thigh. He looked at me, he knows I'm not fine. God damn why am I so readable? I'm like an open book.

I got up and watched Roman make pancakes. "So you cook, eh?" I laughed. He rolled his eyes at me. "One of my many, many talents." He smirked, flipping the pancake. Cocky bastard.

After breakfast we got an early start to the next hotel which is a two hour drive away. This time Dean drove which made me a little uneasy. I sat in the back with Seth again. I fidgetted with my rings thinking about AJ. What if this is all some sort of misunderstanding and she's not even out to get me, shes just trying to mess around and scare me a little? She certainly got her wish but I'm not backing down. A little shaken but still hopeful.

A light rain started to fall making a peaceful drive. I stared at the rain drops on the window, it's so pretty. So peaceful. A hand on my thigh caused me to jump a little and a laugh escaped Seths lips. I locked my fingers with his. How did this even happen? I barely know him yet we feel so close, so unbreakable. I need him. His eyes scanned my face and I gave him a smile but this time it was real. All that AJ madness had finally left my mind for a little while.

Roman turned around catching a glimpse of our hands locked together and he let out a disgusted sigh jokingly. I think it was jokingly. I hope. "Alright love birds we're gonna stop at the training center for a while." As soon as Dean heard the word love birds he glanced up into the mirror, he laughed. "I knew it." He whispered.

The training center was relatively empty. A few other WWE superstars were working out but it wasn't packed like it usually is. Weird. I made my way to the treadmill since I'm really not supposed to be physical for the next few days.

Roman and Seth spotted eachother while lifting weights and Dean was messing around with a punching bag. I picked up my walk to a slow jog trying to keep it as easy as I can but enough to get a workout. The boys were all sweaty definitely overworking themselves.

I watched Seth as he tore his shirt off over his head. He has the most beautifully sculpted body. It sucks he has to wear full gear all the time to cover his beautiful abs. He caught me staring, smirking to himself and sending me a wink. I sped up to a quick jog.

My heart stopped when I saw her dark hair and big smile skip into the workout area with Tamina Snuka by her side. I stopped the treadmill and glared at her. She didn't see me. Roman saw her and shot his eyes to me. My heartrate picked up and my breathing became irregular. Don't have a panic attack, not right now. Don't show her you're weak.

She caught my reflection in the mirror returning a smile without turning to look at me. Why the hell was she making me feel so weak? I never felt this way in my life. She never used to scare me. She made one tiny threat and got into my head just like that.

Roman got on the treadmill next to me. "It's okay, shortie. Pretend she's not here." He spoke before his light walk turned into a heavy jog. I started walking again keeping my eyes down.

I made the mistake of looking up and she was staring me down, a sly grin on her face. She ran her finger across her neck much like the Undertaker does before he tombstones his opponent leaving them near death. All I could do was flip her the finger but she just laughed and skipped off to the practice ring with Tamina. If only I could get in there with her now. I want to rip her pretty little face off. "I'll be outside." I mumbled to Roman before slipping out.

I let the cold rain hit my hot body. It feels so nice. My heart is still pounding through my chest. I sat on the sidewalk bringing my knees to my chest.

A hand touched my shoulder but it wasnt Seth's, it was bigger and less gentle. Roman squatted next to me. The rain had let up to a light mist now but it still felt nice. He sat in silence for a while before saying anything. "Listen, you're a tough girl. I've seen your matches. You put up a hell of a fight. You don't give up. You got your eyes on the prize and this little bump in the road isn't going to stop you. Stop worrying so much and just move forward. You gotta' believe in yourself shortie." I gave him a smile, he made me feel better but my nerves were still going. "We're gonna' head out in a minute, just waiting for my boys." He threw his hand down and pulled me up.

Once in the car Seth pulled me next to him. His arm wrapped around me, holding me close to him. His long hair was tied back and it looked good on him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. His body was hot and he was breathing heavily. He smells like sweat and axe. I felt my hormones going crazy. This man is going to destroy me if AJ doesn't. The only difference is, I'm going to let him.