Chapter 34: Get Off Me, D!ckface!

~ [Evelyn] ~

I like to cook, and even though, I'm clearly not as great at it as Liam was, I still wanted to give him a nice meal. I've only cooked a few times for him, since he always insisted to cook, but this would be the first time I'd cook for him as his girlfriend. And it's slightly freaking me out. But don't worry, I said only slightly.

I really didn't suck at cooking, but there was just this inner need to please him that was attacking me, bringing out a sense of anxiety I had rarely felt ever since I met Harper.

Harper.

She and I had spoken pretty regularly recently, but something seemed off every time, like her level of confidence lowered considerably. I had asked her many times what was wrong but she kept giving me weird reasons. If it wasn't her period (totally not a valid reason by the way), then it was because of her job, which I knew she loved.

I sighed as I stood, resting my arm on the handle of my shopping cart and staring at the rows of pasta and marinara sauce. Swiftly grabbing a jar of sauce, I placed it in my cart and made my way to the end of the aisle. I took a right turn, aiming for the meats, but as I passed a few rows, I noticed a familiar figure. Mason.

Panic hits me like a pile of bricks as I zoomed to the other end of the store, grabbing what I needed quickly and purchasing everything at a self checkout. As I grabbed my things and stuffed them into a giant reusable bag I had folded in my purse, I heard his voice call out for my name, but I managed to rush off with everything packed.

As the automatic door slid close behind me, I was welcomed with the fresh evening air. The sky was too dark and the only light that kissed the ground was that of the pale arena lights that stood tall every other row of the parking lot. I paused, reaching for my keys in my purse, which hung at my hip from a long strap that dug into my shoulder.

All the light was gone as I was yanked by the arm into the little alley just beside the store, where it was dim and empty. What little light that did reach me helped me identify the man who towered over me, hand still tightly wrapped around my forearm.

Thomas.

He looked the same as ever: Handsome and creepy.

He also had a bag of groceries in his hand, but he probably saw me in the store and waited for me outside. Again, what a creep.

"Miss me?" his slimy tongue spoke as he leaned in closer to inhale my scent. I leaned away, turning my head and holding my breath.

"Get off me, d!ckface!" I stomped on his foot and for a moment, his grasp on my arm loosened, so I yanked myself from him and turned to run. It didn't work.

He grabbed me with both hands on my hips, slamming me against the wall. Fvck, that hurt my head, but what made me hurt even more was that he was pressing his shameless hard on against my crotch. The gross smirk on his lips was quickly gone as I shifted my hips and kneed him in the taint, which ultimately meant that my thigh smashed his nuts.

Good. I want them fvcking flat and useless.

He slumped over me with his weight crushing me against the wall, groaning from the pain I had swiftly inflicted on him. I couldn't move as he cursed into my ear, but I was surprised as his weight was quickly removed off my front by someone's kick.

My eyes were low, but I recognized that it was someone familiar. Mixed emotions crashed into me with waves of fatigue as I looked up to see Mason's furious face. He wasn't even looking at me, to which I was grateful. I couldn't stand the look of pity, not from the man I had left.