Chapter 32: Now Everyone Knows You're Mine

~ [Evelyn] ~

It was the first day of the spring quarter at school and everyone was scurrying off to their new classes because no one wants to get lost on their first day like they did at the beginning of the school year. I was smart enough to familiarize myself with my paths a few days before, to avoid the disaster of a first day I had last September. There were still two hours before I had to get to my next class, so I sat here by the cafe, reading a book on my phone.

"Hey, stranger," Dana greeted me as she stood by the seat opposite to me, "This seat taken?"

"No," I sat up with a smile and gestured at it, "go ahead."

"How've you been, sis?"

I smiled at her calling me her sister. She had been with Erick for a short time, but it had already felt like she was part of the family. Every time my dad called or Erick called, it was about something silly Dana did when I wasn't there. I was sincerely glad that they had her when I was busy, especially with all that's happened with Liam.

Liam.

He was going to school today, too, and I was worried sick that he might have a hard time getting to class on time, or that he forgot to bring that lunch I packed for him with the right foods that the doctor suggested. God, I was barely starting to date him and I was pretty much his mom. Or his wife...

Nope. Not overthinking it. Not gonna dream about that shit.

"I've been good, you?" I responded casually.

"I've been happy. Your dad's cooking is..." she held up her hand to gesture the OK symbol and winked at me. "So how's Liam? All better?"

"Yeah he's healthy and pretty much all healed," I told her with a toothy grin as I bobbed my head to take a sip from my iced coffee.

"Oh..." she started to say suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows, "So he's able? To do some things? Like it?"

I pulled back my face, eyebrows furrowing in puzzlement. "It? Dana, you sound like a virgin. It's called sex."

"Yeah, I know what it's called, Evelyn." She leaned forward, but it was clear in her awkward behavior.

"Oh my god, you're a virgin," I gasped as I stared at the beautiful girl in front of me in disbelief.

Her expression shifted into uncomfortable horror. My brother is dating a virgin. I'll have to have a talk with him later.

"I'm just..." she started, "I'm just really glad that I'm not alone on this. Erick has been so understanding, and it's not just because he's one, too-"

"Wait, Erick's a virgin?" She nodded to my question. "Erick, my brother." She nodded again.

Could it be true? I mean I've seen him bring girls into his room and I've heard things I've regretted hearing from his room, but neither confirmed what I had previously thought.

"Oh, crap-a-doodles. I wasn't supposed to tell you that, was I?" She nervously gnawed at her lip.

"Probably not," I told her with a smirk, "Too late now."

"Oh, Ev, I swear," she warned me with her done face, "If you make fun of him-"

"Then you'll do what?" I laughed. "Kill me?"

"Ugh. You're gonna make fun of him anyway, won't you?" She sat back and folded her arms in irritation.

"You bet your pretty little ass I will," I joked as I closed my sh!t eating grin to take a sip from my cup.