Chapter 9: Have a Boner on Me. *Wink*

~ [Evelyn] ~

I sat in the usual seat I took in the writing class I shared with the two hottest guys I've ever befriended. They had their heads pointed toward the front, where Charlie the annoying prof was getting off topic, where I should be looking, but I didn't. I was busy thinking.

Tonight was our date night, Mason and I. In fact, we're headed out right after class, which was why he was my ride to work this morning. He woke up early to take me to school just to head to his dad's company two hours too early. He's so sweet.

I was nervous, anxious even. But I was very aware that this feel wasn't butterflies in my stomach. I knew what butterflies felt like and this wasn't it.

~[Flashback]~

I applied an even coat of kissable mauve colored lipstick and stared at myself in the mirror. Was this too much? I'm just going to hang out with Liam at the theme park. I mean it's not even supposed to be just the two of us but Mason had to go on a trip with his parents short notice so I shouldn't think too much of it.

But I couldn't stop myself from wondering if this day could end in a kiss. And then I looked at myself again, with butterflies fluttering inside my stomach. I wiped away the lipstick with a tissue. Liam liked the natural color of my lips. He said so himself, though it was during a weird ice breaker game in class and he was feeling flirty. I had butterflies for him that day, too.

We had come so close so many times, but it never happened. And I was starting to wonder if it ever will. I don't care what happens today I will absolutely get that kiss tonight.

~o~

"I CAN'T believe you talked me into that ride," I groaned as I squeezed water out of my long dark brown locks.

"Come on! That was so awesome!" Liam exclaimed through his massive grin. He ran his fingers through his wet curls and I had to look away to not ogle.

"Yeah, but now I'm freezing and I don't even have shoes on," I pouted and looked down at my socks, which were now wet, too. Earlier, we had gone on a ride where my feet had no support. Both my shoes flew off and were nowhere to be found.

So here I was, standing in wet socks and freezing to death. Whatever. As long as he's here with me, I'm good.

A light chuckle came from his lips as Liam pulled me close, letting me rest my face on his chest. We were both soaked, but he still felt so warm that I snuggled in closer.

"Feeling better?" he asked as I tilted my head to face him.

With my hand on his chest, I felt his heart beat faster, though it might be mine, which was pounding frantically under my chest.

I wanted to say something, anything, but as always, I let myself fall into those dark eyes that tugged at my heart, nudged at my soul. There was something in his expression that told me that maybe, just maybe, he wanted to kiss me, too. We leaned into each other, our noses only a hair apart as his lips quivered inches from mine.

I could feel his warm breath on my face and I wanted to envelope myself in his scent. His arms felt so good around me and though I've hugged him many times before, this just felt more private, like we shouldn't be hugging this way in public spaces. His lips were about to brush against mine and then-

"ACHOO!"

Of course. I knew it was too good to happen to me. The cold was finally getting to me and I tried to ignore the fact that I just spat all over his face.