The Clash - Gemini

Hey there Cutie!      

So, I’m really sorry I haven’t written in a while. The upcoming event here at school has been in the absolute front of my mind – honestly, I’ve barely had time to breathe!      

I mean, most people seem to be concerned with the Quidditch, but I’m more worried about what to wear to the ball!      

Thankfully the teachers have allowed us to go out in the next few weeks to spend some time shopping in Hogsmeade, so I’m sure me and Jasmine will be looking for our dresses and shoes.     However the main thing for the moment, or today at least, is the ‘coupling’.      

If you’re wondering what this is, then let me explain:      

Basically, everyone has suddenly decided that now is the time to declare their love for one another. It’s as though they’re all scared about having to go alone. At first it was cute; it gave the not-so-sociable witches and wizards a chance to find someone equally as anti-social. But now it’s become so annoying, that it’s considered cool to not have a date yet.      

And of course, I come under that latter category.      

  -Just seen Reg speaking with some girl in the Courtyard. I don’t think he was asking her to the ball, but I can’t be sure. Want to go check it out?-

  Before I know it, I’m scribbling back the word yes  to Jasmine and stuffing my diary back into its usual place in my bag. I don’t know why I’m acting like this – usually I’m pretty calm and cool about Regulus and other girls. Him and I have never been in an official relationship, and it’s not like I’m the shy type when it comes to boys.      

But now something seems different. The other day I caught him flirting with a group of younger Slytherin witches, and I’m not lying when I say that my heart felt as though it had been put under the Cruciatus Curse.      

It was horrible. I felt jealous of some fifth years.       

Me. 

Jealous.

Reg just doesn’t realise what he does to me.    

  ---x---    

  I meet Jasmine and we head over to the Courtyard, pretending to act casual as we pass Regulus and his mystery girl. But as we walk past, he barely even looks up.    

  “We may have to resort to plan B,” I whisper to Jasmine as we get out of earshot, who gives me an odd look in return.      

“Oh Gem, you’re not going to do something silly, are you? I mean, I love you dearly, but sometimes all your plotting and scheming can be rather... precarious.”      

I hold my hand to my heart, feigning upset. “Your trust in me is heartbreaking, Miss Stone.”      

She shakes her head in despair, but I know that I’ve won her over. “Fine then -  tell me what it is you’re going to do.”    

“It’s simple really,” I say, a smirk spreading its way across my lips. “I’m going to have to make sure Reg knows what he’s missing. If he wants to spend time doting over a Gryffindor – who by the way, really needs to know who I am – then so be it.”      

Jasmine goes to say something, but before she can I’m strutting away from her and over to Regulus and the Gryffindor. As I get closer, I let out a long, dramatic sigh, and then turn back to Jasmine. Not before, that is, I make sure Regulus has seen me. Which he has.