Gemini

Hey you!

Yeah you.

It appears that you’ve found my diary, and have somehow managed to steal it from me.

So I must congratulate you because it can’t have been easy, seeing as I keep it under three protective charms and a stinging hex.

--x--

Now, about me. I’m Gemini Jones, but unless you’re my mother, father and/or a Hogwarts Professor, you can call me Gem.

I turned sixteen this January, so I’m a Fifth year here at Hogwarts. Slytherin, of course.

But don’t judge me by my house. Yeah sure, I like popularity and have a bit of a temper, but I can assure you that I’m not as half as bad as some of my fellow Snakes. I promise you, I try to get on with wizards and witches from other houses. Hell, my best friend’s a Ravenclaw, what more do you want?!

Just don’t get me started on Gryffindors. Unless their name is Sirius Black, then I’m not interested.

And I know what you’re thinking: ‘Oh, so she’s in love with Sirius, what a cliché Gryffindor/Slytherin love story...’

WELL I’M NOT!

I’m sorry. I don’t mean to snap. I’ve known the Blacks since I was born, and Sirius is one of my dearest friends, but him and I don’t see each other like that.

With his brother on the other hand, it’s a whole different story.

Regulus is... Well. He’s Regulus Black, isn’t he?

Our relationship is complicated at the best of times, but I do love him dearly. Yes, we fight a lot. And yes, him and I have never actually settled down together as a couple. It’s just not our style.

In fact sometimes I wonder if it’s me. I mean, it seems nearly everyone in this school has a crush on someone else. I blame it on teenage hormones and stray love potions.

Take my best friend Jasmine Stone for example. She’s pretty much infatuated with Sirius (don’t tell her I told you!) and I’m positive the two of them will make a brilliant couple if other people didn’t keep getting in the way.

My parents met at Hogwarts when they were younger, too. My mother’s amazing. She’s an official Quidditch Scout who signs players onto the professional Quidditch teams (Holyhead Harpies, Falmouth Falcons, Wimbourne Wasps. You name the team, I’ll name the players that my mother found for them.) And because of her job, many of the Quidditch Captains here at Hogwarts try to befriend me in the hope that they’ll meet her.

It never works, although I don’t tell them that. What’s not to love about having a couple of Quidditch players following you around?!

Then there’s my dear Father. I don’t see him as often as I’d like to, in fact I haven’t seen him since last October. He’s the Liaison to the Welsh Ambassador in the Department of International Magical Co-operation, you see, so he’s often away at meetings abroad.

Oh, and not to forget my siblings, the twins Leo and Virgo. They also both attended Hogwarts, as Ravenclaws thanks to their incredible knowledge of Potions, but left the year before I started my first year.

I, personally, am terrible at Potions. Give me a nice charm to perform any day. Either that or shoot some Dark Magic in my direction; I’m an ace at Defence Against the Dark Arts!

Not that anyone would ever really realise, mind you. What with the likes of Severus Snape and Lily Evans in my classes, it’s not a surprise that I’m outshined. Sev’s alright I guess, he does help me in my Potion classes, but that Lily is the epitome of Gryffindor.

If she tells me to stay away from Sirius one more time, I shall not be held responsible for my actions. I mean, how dare she assume that I’m trying to fool around with him?! Maybe she’s just worried I’m into James, but I’m telling you now, there’s no-one worse I can think of. Apart from maybe Peter Pettigrew.

Anyway, that’s enough ranting for one day. I have to go and explain to Professor Slughorn how my pet ferret, Mischief, managed to get into his supply closet and ate all of the ingredients needed for our next lesson. I shan’t tell him that I planned it and that I put Mischief in there myself.

Bye for now; try not to miss me too much!

Gem xox