The Arrival - Jasmine

Just a quick update now; the train's slowing already but right now I'm sitting back against the plush velvet seat of the carriage, with my quill in hand, penning a quick entry about how the day has gone so far.

The train journey was spent in deep conversation with Gemini, who as usual, was in full gossip mode. I'd only half-listened to her rambling on about Lucius Malfoy's new job at the Ministry, and how Snape still hadn't washed his hair. She carried on and on as I stared out the window and it wasn't until I realised just who she was on about that I tuned in to listen properly.

"Some new obsession everyone has with The Marauders," she laughed. That's James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black by the way. Only a few people know them as The Marauders as it's a sort of secret, and luckily, I am one of those few.

I laughed too, mainly because I knew how they felt. To be honest I couldn't see the fascination with the other boys - James was hot but arrogant, and was still chasing after Lily Evans who kept rejecting him; Remus was a bit of an oddball and Peter was a waste of space in my eyes - but Sirius... He was different.

It just amazes me it has taken people this long to realise that these are the guys to look out for. They are the ones to bag because they are going places. Unfortunately it will probably detract Sirius' attention from me soon; he's always been a bit of a player and if all these girls suddenly think he's the kangaroo's tail then I'm going to be left high and dry.

Which is exactly what I just told Gem.

"He isn't going to notice me if all those other girls are throwing themselves at him. Boys have no clue at the best of times," I told her sadly; a little self-pity doesn't hurt anyone. "He's too much of a player to get held down by one girl, and I'm not sure I'll be the one to either."

"You'll get there, all you and Sirius do is flirt. It's so frustrating!" She rolled her eyes back lazily and smiled at me in a vey knowing way.

"What?" I whined. "It's not my fault. If he'd hurry up and ask me out... Anyway, you and Reg are always at it too, Miss Jones, so don't whinge at me."

Our laughter was interrupted by the door opening, and the arrival of the devil himself, Regulus. Gem quickly composed herself and as I said hi to him, spotted her checking her appearance in the window. 

"We're just about there," Regulus told us, "I came to see if you wanted to grab a carriage with me Gemini." I raised an eyebrow at Gem who was looking up at the dark-haired boy. She pouted and stood up to face him. As she walked forwards, her hand reached out and rested upon his chest, tweaking his tie straight. 

"You should've asked earlier Reg; I promised I'd sit with Jas, tradition and stuff." Oh Gemini, quit with the hard to get act, you want him bad I thought inwardly. He turned to exit after a curt nod at the both of us, just as Gemini began to speak again. 

"If you save me a seat at dinner though, I'm sure I could find you," she teased. He looked over his shoulder with a smouldering look in his eyes that made Gem melt a little before me. Then he winked, and was just about to walk out when another familiar figure appeared in the carriage door. Oh dear... this wasn't going to go down well. 

"Move, Snake." Sirius' voice was sharp and I could see his face contorted into a snarl as he glared at his brother. Regulus made no move to leave so Sirius all but barged past him and into the compartment. He slammed the door behind him and made a rather rude hand gesture through the glass behind Reg's back as he walked off angrily.