seventeen

"So where did you disappear yesterday, kid?" Ashton asks taking a bit from his sandwich. My eyes widen at it. We were alone in my room, Alice? was it, went out with some of her staff mates.

"No where, just at the mall. You know? shopping and girl stuff" I say, like nothing suspicious even happened.

"Oh." He nods. It seems like he's suspecting something and that is the least that I would want.my

"Yeah, I'm sorry if I didnt get you anything. I didnt know what you want"

"That's okay. Hey, I never knew you were that talented" suddenly, the second sentence did not make any sense. What does he mean talented?

"Talented in what?"

"You know, Acting" He smiles leaning on the wall, towering my little height with an eye of suspicion.

"I've never acted" I laughed, trying to play my own game instead of his.

"You silly little kid" he messes my hair and laughs off.

"You know what I mean. I saw you yesterday, with Luke, while incognito" He smiles villainously.

"What do you mean? I wasnt with Luke." I retort, denying the fact that he saw us. How did he notice?

"Whatever you say. You know, I met two lovely people yesterday" He approaches me yet again.

"Really, you did now?" I respond, sounding interested.

"Yeah, at the elevator. Two. Oneboy and girl, had some indie rock, something like that, vibe with what they were wearing " . shit.

"Its funny, two Aussies had really good American accents" He sounded bewildered, obviously baiting me.

"Impressive" I respond. My forehead is sweating.

"Indeed. The girl, she was good at it" he was now nearing towards me.

"That's nice" I walk away folding my shirt and place it in the bag.

"Yeah. But what really caught my attention was.." He went near, holding a smirk.

"..was that I saw the same necklace on her neck, as yours" he grabs the chain and chuckles.

"Many girls have identical necklaces" I bicker, denying that he had already found out.

"Yeah but, Only one necklace has a letter 'A' on it that is two toned, and that's yours" he gives proof.

He has won and the cover has been blown. Out of all people I think it had only been Ashton who found out. It was the necklace that had blown it off.

"Okay, fine. Yeah, I went out with Luke, disguising as punks, and did not tell you about it. Big deal!" I give up and storm off to my bed.

"Why didnt you just tell me?" he keeps himself calm even though in the inside, he is feuling with anger adn disappointment.

"A little honesty didnt hurt the teenager, Alli. So what made it hard for you to be honest?" his smile has faded and silence immersed.

"Honesty? You're talking about honesty with me? Fuck you, Ash. You haven't even told the rest of them of our real relationship-" I was cut off til there since Ashton had covered my mouth from shouting to loud. My anger made me oblivious to my own loudness.

"Why cant you tell them that we are siblings? Twins?" I lower my voice, from shout to whisper.

"Why do you want them to know so bad?"

"Well, our little secret has people assuming that we are dating and I mean, thats just gross man. Next I cant have a proper relationship with Luke cause he thinks that we're dating."

"Well, that's even better"

"What!? Are you fucking mad? what makes that better?" I whisper shout, now keeping my voice in control. I really dont understand him.

"Its better that they think like that. If Luke, or any of them knew we were siblings, they'd start hitting on you and if one of them dates you and both of you fight, not only both of your bond will be broken, ours too. And, your my little sister. We may be twins but I'm older by five minutes. You should accept that. And, I dont want to see you dating. You're too young. I know how these guys think so I know what's best for you 'cause I care.And I know you might think that I'm ashamed of you as my sister but no, that's not the reason why I dont whatyou to meet them. Dont get me wrong, I would love for them to meet you, but this is a sacrifice we both have to make. And I know I got mad with you going out with Luke, but I am totally okay with you hanging withe the guys. Its just that it could have been dangerous. I am currently in charge and responsible for you. You do know that Mom and Dad don't know this yet and them knowing would be scary. Its stupid though, you know, them not knowing that I tour the world with a band. But what would be more scary is that if you are lost and both our parents have no idea of what's going on. I hope you understand and I am doing this cause I love you and I care." he explains himself.

Well now I really couldnt blame him. He cares, and it's what brothers do. And hes right, their bonds would be broken too. So its a sacrifice that should be made by the two of us. I am really glad that he cares, it's way better than him not caring at all.

"But what about the people keep assuming that we're dating. It's gross" I pull on a disgusted face. Hearing comments from people on how me and Ashton would look cute together is just pure disgust.

"Trust me, I knwo how you feel but, again. We need to make sacrifices, so if I were you just go with the flow." He plans, our conversation turning calm.

"You mean, kissing and cuddling.." I ask, hoping that wont happen.

"Fuck no. No touchy or anything just stick together and maybe hugs or something. But dont say anything about us being together just when people are assuming. Ugh, I mean even when they assume just dont answer" He commands, its a relief hearing that.

"Oh okay"