The Ritual

I opened my eyes. I could smell burning. I sat up slightly and looked around. I was in a field. This was all too familiar. There was one fire burning in the middle of the field, not too far from where I was. It looked like someone had made a bonfire. A bonfire that I'd seen before. I'd seen all of this before.

I then noticed a crowd of people standing at the fire. It looked like some sort of secret meeting. There was no more than maybe ten people there. What was going on?

It then hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew where I'd seen all this, how I'd seen all this. My dream, I'd been dreaming about this. It was finally happening. It was the ritual.

I slowly rose to my feet and just like my dream, my heart jumped into my throat when I saw who was standing there. Jared, Aaron and April. My eyes widened slightly when they turned their attention to me. Did they know I'd dreamed this? Did they know I had a slight advantage?

Jared smirked when he saw me standing there. He began to walk over to me. I looked around frantically trying to find an escape route. I knew it was pointless. There was no escape from here. No escape from him.

"Don't bother Dawn. You're not going anywhere" He said, all of a sudden standing in front of me, sending a cold breeze brushing past me.

I jumped in fright slightly "Please, let me go"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. I groaned slightly when I bumped into his hard chest. His familiar scent filled my nostrils.

"Let you go?Oh Dawnie, don't you get it? The ritual has now begun" He said, his smirk growing wider.

I started to panic. I had to get out of here or I was going to die. If I didn't at least try to escape then I was going to die for certain. Then everything that I've been through to disapear from this horrible fate would have been for nothing.

The fire that was burning then began to glow all different colors. Blue, Green, Purple, Pink. I saw April chanting. Her hands were extended out towards the fire. There was some sort of energy flowing from her palms. The same energy I'd saw in my dream.

I then started to feel strange. It felt like my energy was being drained. Was it April that was doing this? She was trying to make me weaker and I could feel it. I could feel my energy slipping away.

Jared then turned me towards him. I looked up into his Crimson eyes. They were focused on my neck. I could feel myself beginning to shake. He moved my hair away from my neck, exposing my throbbing vein.

He then shifted his gaze into my eyes. I stared back and felt myself being drawn in. I began to feel relaxed. No doubt he was using his Vampire charm on me. I hated to admit it but it was working. I stood there, captured by his stare.

"Goodnight Dawn" He whispered.

He then leaned down and sunk his fangs into my neck. I let out a slight gasp of pain. I then felt him beginning to absorb the Red liquid seeping from the two gaping holes in my neck. I could feel my strength diminishing. I couldn't let this happen. I could just stand there and not put up a fight, or at least die trying.

I then put my hands on his chest and with as much energy I could conjure in my hands, I forced him away. I winced when his fangs ripped away from my neck. I placed my hand over the two cuts and noticed I'd pushed him away further than I thought. He was now near enough on the other side of the field. To my surprise I actually managed to knock him out.

"Dawn!" I heard Dante's voice shout from the other side of the field.

I whipped round to see him and Tyler standing beside the bonfire in the middle of the field. Relief washed over me at the sight of them there. They were here, just like the said they would be. They were here to save me.