Don't You Ever Wonder How We Survive?

I stared at Tyler. What the hell was he talking about?

"Like I said, the vision wasn't very clear but one of them is a traitor," he told me.

"How can you say that?" I asked hurt in my voice.

"It's true Dawn. I wouldn't lie to you," he replied.

"What else happened in this vision of yours?" I asked him.

"There was a battle between good and evil. The number of loss is great," he answered.

"Am I there? Did you see anything happen to me?" I asked.

"I saw you there yeah but I didn't see what happened. I only see images, flashes," he said.

I stood there, quiet. All the information Tyler just gave me was slowly sinking in. Who was the traitor? Dante or Aaron? I couldn't even imagine them like that. I couldn't imagine them being monsters. According to Tyler's vision one of them was.

A loud horn then filled the room. I jumped in fright slightly.

"Come on, that horn means you need to go back to your cell," Tyler told me.

Tyler stood behind me with his hand on my shoulder as everyone piled out of the room. As we walked through the hall some of them were stepping into their cells at will while others were being thrown in. I bit my lip slightly. I hated it here.

Tyler and I managed to weave in and out of the crowd of people before walking through a door at the end of the hall and up the stair case. He pushed open the door at the top of the stair case and we walked through. We then stopped at my cell.

Just looking at it filled me with dread. I didn't belong in a place like this. I needed to get home. One way or another. Tyler reached over and pulled the cell door open.

"I didn't want to have to tell you about my vision like that. I just needed you to know and to understand. I didn't tell you because I want you to suffer. I told you so that you wouldn't get hurt, that you would be aware," Tyler spoke softly to me.

I looked up at him. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I also saw truth.

"Thank you Tyler," I whispered.

He lifted his hand and I felt his warm fingers caressing my face. My heart fluttered in my chest. He stepped closer to me and lay a gentle kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes.

"I'll come back for you," he whispered.

I frowned slightly. What did he mean by that?

He waited for me to step into my cell. I watched him carefully as I walked inside. He closed the door and locked it. 

I walked over to the bed and sat down on it. So many thoughts were running through my mind. I couldn't pick one thought out from the other. I lay down and curled up into a ball. I don't know why all this is happening. How have I survived this long?

I closed my eyes letting myself drift off into another dreamless sleep.

I felt myself beginning to wake up. I didn't know how much time had passed. Time didn't really matter to me here anyway. Something wasn't right. There was something different about my cell. Someone was in here with me.

An unsettling fear began to wash itself over me. I was too terrified to open my eyes. I knew I was going to have to open them sooner or later. I came to the conclusion that sooner was better.

I slowly opened my eyes. I gazed around the dark room, waiting for my eyes to adapt to the shadows. It was then I spotted a figure standing in the corner of the cell. I gasped and shot out of the bed.