How You Remind Me

Dante and Tyler helped me back onto my unstable legs. I could feel my strength slowly beginning to find its way back into my body.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay. We won't let anything happen to you" Tyler assured me.

"I lost you once Dawn. I'm not going to loose you again" Dante added.

I stared at them. I could tell they meant every word they said. With them on my side I knew I was safe. Also I knew what triggered my powers, that would be an advantage. I started to feel better about this whole situation. I never thought I would, but I do.

"Thank you. You know I'll protect both of you as well" I smiled slightly at them.

They both smiled back at me.

"Thanks Dawn" Tyler replied.

"Dawn, There is something I'd like to show you. Would you come up stairs with me?" Dante asked.

I nodded "Sure"

I headed up the stairs with Dante. We headed down the hall and into his room. I liked his room. It always made me feel safe.

I watched as he made his way over to a set of drawers in the far end of the room. I slowly sat down on his bed as he opened the top drawer. He took something out and closed it over again. He turned to me and walked over.

"I've had this for a while now. I think it's finally time you had it" He told me.

He sat down beside me on his bed and handed me a wooden box. The wood was Black. It had a silver lock on it and a Silver key was sticking out of it. I looked up at him, unsure of what it could be.

"Don't worry. Just open it. It's fine. Trust me" He smiled his amazing smile.

I slowly turned the Silver key until I heard a click, letting me know it was now unlocked. I lifted the lid cautiously. My eyes widened when I saw what was sitting inside it.

"Dante" I whispered, looking at him again.

"Lift it out" He said.

The smile on his face had gotten bigger. It was almost as if he was pleased at my reaction.

I slowly reached in and pulled it from the box. Dante took the box from me and set it down on the bed beside him. I stared at it in awe.

The handle was Black. Dark Purple stones were engraved all around it. The blade was silver and very sharp looking at the end. It was the most beautiful knife I'd ever seen.

"This was your mothers knife. In the right hands it can do a lot of damage" Dante told me.

"My mother? Why did she have this?" I asked as I inspected the blade more.

"Protection mostly. You're mother was always very protective of her family" He answered.

I looked up at Dante "Why are you giving it to me? I don't know how to use it"

"You're mother asked me to give it to you when you were ready. She also asked me to keep it hidden from Aaron's sight. I think she knew about him. I didn't question her at the time about it but I wish I did. Then you wouldn't have gotten thrown down the stairs" He replied with a slight angry tone.

I lifted my hand up to rest on his cold, pale cheek. I let my fingers move back and forward as I stroked his icy skin.

"It's okay Dante" I whispered.

He leaned in and kissed my forehead gently. I felt a smile creep its way onto my lips.

"So I did as she asked and it's been in that drawer ever since. Aaron never knew it was there" He said.