Sleeping Beauty

A/N: Hi guys :) Thank you to everyone who has read this story and has supported me up to this point. I just wanted to let everyone know that the start of this chapter might be a little disturbing at some points so if you are a bit squeamish then you have been warned! Anyway, enjoy! :) Allie xx

Dante's P.O.V

I watched in horror as Dawn fell to the ground. I slowly lifted my gaze to Jared. He just smirked at me. I was going to wipe that smirk right off of his face. He was going to pay for what he'd just done to her.

I then gathered as much of my Vampire strength as I could. I stabbed my elbow into Aaron's stomach with blinding force. I heard him grunt in pain. His grip loosened on my arms. This was my chance. I turned to him and smacked him in the face, sending him to the ground. I stared at Aaron's unconscious body for a moment before turning my attention back to Jared.

"What did you do to her?!" I almost yelled at him.

"Like I said, if I can't have her no one can" he answered.

I shot forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt. I slammed him into a near by tree, pinning him there.

"What have you done?!" I growled loudly at him.

He just smirked at me. Okay now he was really pissing me off. I punched him in the face, causing his head to turn to the side slightly. I saw his expression change to anger as he turned to me again. He then brought his knee up to connect with my stomach. I groaned and doubled over. He then took this opportunity to smack me in the face. I fell back onto the ground.

"You've fallen in love with her, a human. You're a pathetic excuse for a Vampire. Humans are nothing but bags to keep our blood warm and fresh. I'm surprised you didn't crack. I mean her blood is Delicious" he said.

I growled at him. I wouldn't let him talk about Dawn like that.

"Am I right when I heard you love April?" I asked, rising to my feet.

"love? Ha! Don't make me laugh. She is just like her sister" He replied.

He then turned to the right "I mean, would I have killed her of I loved her?"

I followed his gaze to see April's lifeless body a few meters away. Her neck was ripped open. I then looked at him.

"You are a monster" I glared.

"Aren't we all?" He laughed.

It was at that moment I lost it. I ran  at him and smacked him in the stomach. He bent over in pain. I grabbed his head and twisted it. I heard a crack. I then pulled his head clean off. I threw his dismembered head into one of the near by fires. His body fell to the ground and disappeared into ash. I stepped over it as I made my way over to Dawn.

I fell down onto my knees in front of her. I picked her up in my arms and held her close. I buried my face into her hair. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what he'd done to her.

I then felt a presence behind me. From the vibes they were giving off I knew it was Tyler.

"Is she...dead?" I heard him ask.

"No she's not" I said, lifting my head.

"How can you tell?" He asked.

"I can still hear her heartbeat" I whispered as I moved a strand of her hair away from her beautiful face.

"We need to get out of here Dante" Tyler said.

I rose to my feet with Dawn still in my arms. I held her close to me as we began to make our way back to the house. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard someone laughing. Tyler and I turned round to see Aaron on the ground.