Take Me Home

I stared at them, waiting for them to tell me what was going on. I couldn't get my head around the fact that my nightmares were real. Everything was real. I must say I'm handling it all pretty well or maybe I'm just in shock.

"ISB are a very powerful group. They conduct experiments where most of the beings end up dead. You're lucky to be alive. No one has ever escaped before," Aaron began.

"What kind of experiments?" I asked him.

"A vampire, for example, they would test the blood within the vampire, learn it's powers. It's different for every other being," He answered.

Aaron was so calm. It was beginning to make me feel very nervous. If someone had come up to my door telling me they'd been kidnapped and taken to a supernatural institute I would have shut the door in their face. Aaron welcomed me into his home without question. I started to become very suspicious.

"You're human. That's the part I'm confused about," I heard Dante say.

"They...They said I was special and Jared said he was going to need me for some sort of ritual," I told them.

I saw Aaron and Dante give each other a look when I mentioned Jared's name. Did they know him?

"You must be tired Dawn. Maybe you should get some rest you've been through a lot," Aaron said.

"I am pretty exhausted. My foster mother will be worried about me. Would you be able to take me home? I don't know this area," I asked, looking up at Aaron.

"Where do you live?" Aaron asked me.

"Just outside of New York," I replied.

"New York?" Dante asked.

My eyebrows knitted together in a frown. It sounded as if they'd never heard of New York before.

"You think you're on earth don't you," Dante said.

"What?" I asked.

I Think I'm on earth? Of course I'm on earth where else would I be?

"I'm not explaining this one. Dante?" Aaron asked, looking over at him.

"You're in a place called Alogan. It's a totally different dimension from Earth," Dante explained to me.

I stared at him. He expected me to believe this? I was in a different dimension? I ran a hand through my hair, taking a deep breath. This had been a crazy few days.

"I know this might all seem strange. You should get some rest. It will help and we can discuss this further tomorrow," Aaron said.

"I just want to go home," I whispered.

"I'm sorry but we can't take you home. We need to figure out what this ritual Jared was talking about does. If we took you home he might be able to take you again," Aaron replied.

"I can't stay here. I don't belong here," I said.

"Come on. I'll take you up to the guest bedroom. Please just stay for tonight at least?" Aaron asked, looking deep into my eyes.

I suddenly started to feel relaxed, more calm. I didn't know if I could trust the two of them yet but I felt safe. I felt secure. Aaron then helped me onto my feet. I winced slightly at the pain in my ankle.

"Would you like me to carry you?" Aaron asked.

I looked up at him. I saw the concern in his eyes. I then slowly nodded. He then picked me up in his arms, holding me close. I held onto him, biting my lip slightly. I'd had a few boyfriends in the past but things didn't work out. It had been a while since anyone held me in their arms.

Aaron began making his way up the stairs, being careful of my ankle as he did. He got to the top and began walking down the hallway. The house seemed a lot bigger from the inside.

The hallway had just the right light. There were a few rooms on either side of us. He got to the end of the hall and stopped at a door on the left. He pushed the door open with his foot and stepped inside.

"Could you turn that light switch on for me?" He asked referring to the switch on the wall to my right.

I leaned over and turned the switch on. The lights came on and I looked around the room.

The room was a dark purple colour. The floor was made out of dark wood. There was a double bed with black and purple bedding on it. There was a small bedside table with a lamp on it at either side of the bed.

Aaron walked over to the bed and gently set me down on it.

"Is there anything you need? A glass of water maybe?" He asked.

I slowly moved my gaze up to his face. He was being so nice to me. He didn't even know me.

"I think I'd like to be left alone," I whispered.

He nodded once "I will be down stairs if you need anything,"

I watched him make his way over to the door.

"Goodnight Dawn" He said just before he left the room, closing the door behind him.

I sat up, leaning against the headboard of the bed. I curled my legs up to my chest, being careful of my ankle. I looked around me. Why was this happening to me? Was I being punished for something? What had I done wrong?

Tears began to sting my eyes. I just wanted to go home and forget about all this. Forget that any of this ever happened. Could I have been right about being crazy? Was I dreaming? Was my mind playing tricks on me? Had I lost my mind?

The tears began to flow down my cheeks. I leaned my head against my knees and began to cry. Where is my mind?