If We Ever Meet Again

Dante and I lay there holding each other close. I felt safe with him. I felt calm, like I had no worries in the world. Dante was running his fingers through my Dark hair. I loved it.

"Dante?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"On my parents graves it said their last names were Carter. Is that my true last name?" I asked him.

"Yes it is. They had to change it when they sent you away. They wanted no one to find you. I guess that failed" He answered.

"Dawn Carter" I whispered.

"I think it's a nice name" He said.

I smiled softly. I hadn't smiled in a while. It felt nice. I slowly sat up and turned to face him.

"When Jared...bit me...I don't know where it came from but strength built up inside me and I kicked him and I punched him in the face...I've never done that to anyone before" I told him.

"You punched him? Is that how you managed to get away from him?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Wow I'm impressed" He smiled at me.

"Is there something wrong with me? I mean...Jared is a Vampire. He's strong and I managed to beat him up. Is that not a little strange?" I asked him.

"Hm I guess your right. We'll look into it I promise" He replied.

"Thank you" I smiled slightly.

Dante sat up and leaned in, kissing my forehead.

"I have to go feed. I won't be long" He said as he got to his feet.

"Bye Dante" I said gazing up at him.

Dante then left the room. I decided to go back to my own room and lie down. I still felt a little drained from that situation.

I walked out of Dante's room and down the hall. I'm glad this house wasn't too big. I'm not very good at finding my way around places.

I opened my room door and walked in, closing it behind me. I stopped. I didn't turn around. Something wasn't right in here. I wasn't alone.

I could feel my heartbeat starting to quicken. I knew I had to turn around and face whoever or whatever it was. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up as I began to slowly turn around.

I couldn't see anything. It was too dark. I reached over with a shaky hand and turned on the light switch. The room lit up and I jumped in fright when I saw who was standing there.

"Hello sister" She smirked at me.

It was April. She was here. This was impossible. She was in a mental institute. She'd escaped.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Can't I come and see how my baby sister is doing?" She asked mockingly.

I didn't know how powerful she was. Did she still have her powers? I had to get out of there. I had to wake Aaron.

"Please just leave me alone" I replied.

"The thing I envied most about you was that mother and father liked you the most. You were their Golden girl. As for me? Well I was a mistake. A pathetic excuse for a daughter" She told me.

I looked her over. Her long Dark hair was messy. Her clothes were ripped and dirty. She looked like she'd been in a struggle.

"How did you escape?" I asked.