So it Begins

I made my way down the stairs and into the living room. Dante was sitting on the window ledge, staring out, deep in thought. Tyler was sitting on the couch flipping through a newspaper. This place actually had newspapers? I wonder what kinds of things it mentioned. Where there headlines about Vampires murdering innocent humans? That's if there are any left here.

Was I mentioned in their news? Did I make a headline? That was a creepy thought. I was still trying to get my head around a lot of things. Would I ever be able to accept the fact that this was my world now? Who knows.

I walked around the couch and sat down beside Tyler.

"Hey Dawn" He smiled at me as he looked up from the newspaper.

I saw Dante turn when Tyler mentioned my name. A soft smile played on his lips when his eyes lay upon me.

"Hi" I smiled shyly at them.

"You have a nice nap?" Dante asked me.

"That's what I'm actually here to talk to you guys about" I answered.

I saw concern creep its way over Dante's face. He turned to face Tyler and I.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked.

"Remember when I was in the institute and you told me that you have visions of the future?" I asked him.

He slowly nodded "Yeah"

"Can you tell me exactly what you saw? About the battle?" I asked him.

I didn't know if he thought I was crazy or not. I needed to know if what I dreamed about was going to actually happen.

"It was dark, night time by the looks of it. There were many deaths, bodies scattered the fire lit field" He began.

I started to feel my stomach twist. This is what I'd saw, what I'd dreamed about. It might be different though so I didn't speak and let him carry on.

"The three of us were there. We were fighting. I'm not exactly sure who it was that we were fighting but they had help" He continued.

I glanced over at Dante who was now leaning forward, indicating that he was listening to Tyler.

"Eventually its just us 3, Jared and Aaron there. Jared has a hold of you. What happens after that I'm not sure" He finished.

I could feel the color drain from my face. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. This is exactly what I dreamed last night. What did it mean though? Was I given an inside look of the enemy's plan?

"Dawn, you look like you've seen a ghost. Is everything okay?" Tyler asked.

"I...I had a dream last night about what you just described to me" I whispered.

"You did?" Dante asked a little shocked.

I nodded slowly "Jared had something in his hand. I didn't get to see what it was but it had a sharp end on it. He was saying something about if he can't have me no one can and that's when I woke up"

Tyler and Dante exchanged a look to each other. It wasn't a good look. They looked worried.

"We need to think of this as a good thing. You got to see more than I did" Tyler said.

I think he was just trying to lift my spirits. In a way he did but what Jared said was playing over and over in the back of my mind. What did he mean?

I got up from the couch and made my way over to the mirror. The mirror was fairly big and hung nicely over the vast fireplace. I stared at myself for a moment. I looked drained of energy. The bags under my tired eyes were more prominent than usual.

I reached up and moved my fringe away from my eyes. I then noticed the scar on my forehead. I moved my fingers across the scarred skin. It was never going to go away. It was something I would have to live with forever.

"I think it suits you. Makes you look more badass" A new and familiar voice in the room said.

I turned quickly and saw Aaron leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed against his chest. My eyes narrowed as I glared at him.

"Ouch if looks could kill" He smirked at me.

Dante stood up and started making his way over to Aaron. Tyler got up and grabbed him, holding him back.

"What are you doing here?" Dante growled at Aaron.

"Can't I just drop by and see how my favourite people are doing?" He asked sarcastically.

Flashes of when he threw me down the stairs began to enter my head. I couldn't let his get to me. I had to be strong.

"What's the matter Dawnie? Cat got your tongue?" He laughed slightly.

I could feel anger building up inside me. Who does he think he is? I glared at him with the most hatred I think I've ever felt in my entire life.

Just then Aaron's smirk wiped from his face. His face began to screw up in pain. His hands flew up to hold his head. He began to cry out in pain, in agony. It felt like my energy was beginning to be drained. Dizziness began to wash over me.

I stumbled back slightly, taking my gaze away from Aaron. My strength felt as though it was slowly starting to come back. Aaron stopped yelling in pain and let go of his head. He glared angrily at me.

"Jared told me to let you know that the ritual will commence in a few days. Anyone who tries to stop it will be killed. Jared has friends, many friends who are willing to help. See you in a few days" He smirked before he disappeared.

My energy still wasn't fully back and I felt my legs collapse beneath me. I fell to the floor. Dante and Tyler rushed over to me. Dante rested me on his body, my head lay on his chest.

"Dawn, you're nose is bleeding" Dante told me.

I lifted my hand up to my nose and then looked down at it. Right enough there was blood on my hand. Tyler handed me a tissue.

"Dawn what just happened there?" Tyler asked me as I began to wipe away the blood.

"M-my powers. I think I know how to trigger it now. Anger, hatred. That seems to do the trick" I replied.

"You seemed to do a lot of damage to him" Dante said almost amused.

"This is it guys" I said.

They both looked down at me.

"It's started" I whispered.