Throwing Sticks and Stones

The food that Dante had made for us was delicious! I wish I could cook as good as he could. It would mean that I could start eating more things rather than just putting something into the microwave for 2 and a half minutes!

 After our meal we decided to go into the living room and talk about the ritual. I think  they both wanted to ease my mind about it. If I was being honest I don't think anything that they could ever say would ease my mind.

It only felt like yesterday I was worrying about exams and what to have for dinner. I'd give anything to go back home. To go back to earth. I'd give anything to be normal again. I missed my foster mother and I missed my friends. I knew I couldn't go back there. This was my life now. In a way, this is what my life has always been.

I sat on the couch beside Tyler and Dante stood leaning against the fireplace. I pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged them.

"I just want you to know that I will do everything I can to keep you safe" Dante said.

"We both will" Tyler added.

I slowly nodded.

"Lets say we get separated. What then?" I asked.

I knew the possibilities. I wasn't just going to sit there and believe everything would run according to plan because it wouldn't. I had to come back to reality. This was no fairy tale with a handsome prince and a happy ending.

"We'll be able to find you again. You don't have to worry" Tyler assured me.

"I'm just trying to think out of the box here. I don't want to pretend everything's gonna be okay" I replied.

"I know. I know you're scared. We just want you to know that you have us. You're not alone in this" Dante said.

"I know you guys are just trying to help. I appreciate it. I really do" I said, smiling at them.

They both smiled back at me.

"Look, why don't we just relax tonight. We could watch some TV if you like?" Tyler suggested.

I nodded "That sounds great"

Tyler reached for the TV remote. Dante lifted himself up from leaning on the fire place, standing up straighter. Everything then happened in a blur.

First there was a smashing sound. Then there was the sound of the broken glass hitting the wooden flooring. Tyler pulled me down onto the couch more, covering me from the glass. Everything was quiet.

 I slowly looked up. The window had been smashed. Something had been thrown in. I turned my attention to Dante. My eyes widened when they fell upon him.

He was standing there with his hand beside his head, holding a rock which was millimeters from his face. If he hadn't caught it in time he would have had a nasty blow to the head. I watched as he brought it down and looked at it.

"There is a note on it" He said, ripping a small piece of paper from the stone.

Tyler let go of me and I sat up, listening intently.

He put the rock down on the table and looked at the note.

"Tomorrow I will come for Dawn. If anyone tries anything they will be killed. At sun down I will come for her. Regards Jared" He read.

My stomach twisted into a knot. I could feel the color drain from my cheeks. This was too soon. I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for this. I then felt myself begin to shake with fear.

"Dawn" Dante said, walking over to me.

He gently pulled me onto my feet and held me close to him. I clung to him. My legs were feeling like jelly. If Dante was to let me go I'd probably fall to the floor. He ran his hand up and down my back, comfortingly.

"Shh, it's okay" He whispered soothingly into my ear.

I could feel tears rolling down my face. I was scared. I didn't know what was going to happen or if we'd survive this.

"Come on, lets go upstairs" Dante whispered.

He guided me to the stairs. I looked over to Tyler. He gave me a sympathetic look before Dante and I headed up the stairs.

We walked into my room. Dante closed the door behind him and guided me to the bed. We both sat down. Dante gently stroked my cheek. I looked up at him.

"I know that this is a shock. You weren't expecting this for another couple of days. I know you're scared but I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you" He said, staring into my eyes.

I stared back into his beautiful Blue eyes. I began to feel relaxed. He always knew how to calm me down.

We both then lay back on the bed. Dante was holding me close to him. I closed my eyes.

"When he comes for me just let him take me. I don't want you or Tyler getting hurt" I told him.

"I can't let him just take you away Dawn" He replied.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"I am strong Dante. I know I can protect myself. I can't always rely on you and Tyler to be there to save me every time I'm in trouble" I told him.

"I know that. I just feel so helpless sometimes" He admitted.

I sat up slightly "You're never helpless"

I lay my hand on his cheek softly. He kissed the palm of my hand and looked at me.

"You're the strength that keeps me walking, You are the life to my soul. You're everything" I whispered.

I'd never truly felt this way for someone in my life. I meant every word. It was indescribable how I felt for him. No matter how many words I used, how many kisses I gave him. It would never be enough to describe my love for him.

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back, moving closer to him. He moved his hand through my hair and pulled my head closer to him, deepening the kiss. After a few moments he pulled away,

"I thought I'd never see you again once you'd been sent away. It broke my heart. You don't understand how important you are to me" He said.

"I love you" I whispered.

He leaned his forehead on mine, looking into my eyes "I love you too"