Dead Memories

Aaron and I waited for Dante to come back. Aaron said he'd rather have the two of them there to protect me. What did they need to protect me from? In-fact I didn't want to know. I already knew too much. What other kind of monsters could be roaming freely out there?

Dante arrived back about ten minutes after Aaron and I had that talk. It was all still settling in. There was so much I didn't know about. There could be more still that I don't know about. Also, Aaron had gotten really angry. I still found that odd.

I watched as Aaron told Dante that he'd told me the truth. That he'd told me everything.

"Are you out of your mind? Do you know how much more danger she is in now?" he asked angrily.

"She would have found out sooner or later. If I were her I would have liked to find out sooner," Aaron answered calmly.

Dante looked over to me "Are you alright?"

I nodded slowly "Yeah Dante,"

"Dawn wants to go and visit her parents graves," Aaron told Dante.

"What? why?" he asked.

Why was he being like this? He seemed to be in a really weird mood.

"Because I think she has a right to," Aaron replied getting annoyed.

"I don't think it's a good idea. There are a lot of other creatures out there," Dante said.

"That's why I waited till you got back. Come on Dante she needs this," Aaron said.

After a brief moment of silence I heard Dante sigh softly "Okay,"

I smiled slightly "Thank you,"

He looked over to me "If things get nasty I'm getting you out of there understand?"

I nodded slowly. I could see he was being really protective of me. They both were.

"Lets go then," Aaron said.

I was growing nervous and scared. Who knew what was going to happen. I was hoping I'd be able to see their graves and then we could leave without any trouble. I pulled myself together as we walked out of the door.

Dante drove us to the graveyard. It took around fifteen minutes. Dante's car was nice. A black five Series BMW. Leather interior and heated seats in the front. Luckily, Aaron chose to sit in the back so I got the heated seat. I didn't know what to expect when the car slowed to a gentle stop.

I looked out the tinted passenger window. All I could see were trees, tall trees. I didn't see any gravestones or mausoleums. I turned to speak to Dante but he wasn't there. I frowned then jumped in fright slightly when my door was pulled open. I looked up to see Dante standing there, extending his hand to me.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and took his hand. He gently helped me out of the car. It was cold tonight. I scanned the area around me. I still couldn't see any graves, just trees.

"Where is the graveyard?" I asked.

"It's just through those trees. Come on," Aaron said as he began walking.

Dante began to follow him, still holding onto my hand. I felt my cheeks begin to burn but I followed them, trying to hide my embarrassment.

After a few minutes of walking we came to a clearing in the trees. There it was. The graveyard. There weren't many graves there. What made them put a graveyard in the middle of the woods?

"Your parents graves are nearer the back. Their names are Eric and Rachel," Aaron told me.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Dante's voice asked softly.