Evil Angel

A few days had gone by. Each day I tried my hardest to make my powers come out. It wasn't a complete waste of time. The only thing I managed to make happen was to crack a glass. It's still better than nothing I guess. It isn't enough to be able to defend myself with though.

After another training session with Dante and Tyler I was exhausted. I grabbed a quick drink of much needed water and headed up to my room.

It didn't seem weird to call it my room or call this place my home anymore. If I was being honest with myself it felt right. Even though I knew the truth now about my parents, about what happened, it still hasn't properly sunk in yet.

I pushed opened my room door and closed it behind me. I lay down on my bed and sighed, closing my eyes. After a few moments I drifted off into sleep.

The first thing I heard was the explosions. Then came the screams. I slowly opened my eyes and as I did an enormous pain made it's self known in my abdomen. I winced in pain, clutching it. I could smell burning wood and flesh. It made me gag a little.

I looked down to see my t-shirt was covered in blood, my blood. I looked at my hand and it was covered in the same bloody mess as my shirt. I had been stabbed. I rolled myself onto my side, groaning in pain as I did. I looked at the scene before me.

It was night time. There were bodies everywhere. Others who were still alive were fighting each other. Fires were scattered across the field. I was only guessing it was a field.

Then out of nowhere a figure landed on their feet a few meters away from me. They had their back to me. Their winged back I should say. I watched as their wings folded back in. A familiar face then flashed into my mind.

"Aaron?"  I asked in a quiet voice.

The figure turned to me and I was right. It was Aaron. He didn't look like the Aaron I met when I escaped the institute. His Blond hair looked a darker shade. His eyes were a darker color too. He had changed.

"Dawn, you're not dead?" He asked sounding slightly surprised.

I frowned at him "What's going on? Where's Dante?"

The angel turned his gazed to the left. I followed his gaze and saw Dante fighting with someone. Tyler was there too, fighting. Aaron looked back at me.

"Stop this...please..It's me that you want...Here I am" I said as the pain began to increase.

"This isn't just about you Dawn" He said as he turned and began walking the other direction.

"No!...Don't!!...." I said, coughing up blood.

I saw him stop in his tracks and turn to me again.

"Don't...Leave me to die here..."  I whispered painfully.

The look on his face showed that he could care less. He wasn't good anymore. The evil angel turned and started walking again.

"I've been looking everywhere for you" A voice said behind me.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I knew that voice. I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly turned. I was now lying on my back staring up at the man in front of me.

He leaned down and picked me up by my throat. He didn't grip my throat hard enough to stop my breathing. I stared into his crimson eyes. The feeling of terror washed itself over my fragile frame.

"Jared" I whispered.

"Don't worry. This is it. The end of it all. The end of your suffering" He said to me.

I bit my lip slightly. I was going to die. I knew it.

"You should be thanking me. I'm taking you out of this world. Out of this life"  He continued as his eyes fell on my neck.

"Dawn?!" I heard Dante's voice shout.

I looked over seeing Dante and Tyler standing a few feet away from us. Everyone else had died. It was just us now.

"Let her go Jared!" Tyler said, glaring at him.

"Don't come any closer" Jared growled at them.

He now had spun me round, still holding my neck. My back was pressed up against his chest. Something glistened in his hand. I couldn't see what it was.

"What are you doing with that? What is in that?" Dante asked, moving forward, making his way over.

Dant'e was then grabbed by someone. It was Aaron. Dante struggled against his grip but failed to break free. Tyler moved quickly to attack Aaron but Aaron smacked him away like he was a rag doll. Tyler's unconscious body lay meters away from us.

"You think you've ruined my plans. You think I still can't drink her blood. You think you're the heroes" Jared smirked at them.

I struggled, trying to get away from him but it was no use. He was too strong and the wound on my stomach was aching with each movement I made.

"This here that I hold in my hand is the answer. If I can't have her no one can" He growled.

He raised his hand. I couldn't make out what it was in his hand. All I saw was the sharp end of it. My eyes widened and a scream escaped my lips as he brought his hand down towards my neck.

THUD

I shot up, realising I was now on the floor. I'd fallen out of the bed. It was just a dream. It didn't seem like a dream though. Maybe I was just worrying about everything. I didn't know what was going to happen. Would I live or die? What would happen to Tyler and Dante? What about Aaron?

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. So many questions and not enough answers.

Then a thought popped into my head. Tyler. He said that one of his demon powers is seeing the future, having visions. If I could ask him to tell me about that battle he was talking about I could compare it with the dream I just had.

I pulled myself up from the floor and walked out of the room, hoping Tyler would have some answers.