12. My House Warming

My House Warming

January 27, 1995

Dear Parents,

The busy yet joyful Centenary celebrations have ended, and the ashram is again back to sweet, sweet peace and quiet. The crowds were nothing compared to Parthi, but it was a lot noisier due to 24 hours a day loud speakers. All sound is God, is the lesson! Anyway I survived it all, happy and healthy!

On 26th January at 5:45 PM I entered my new house! Jnaneswari came with me, she broke a coconut and we chanted Om three times together. A simple house-warming, just us! The house is so wonderful, a dream come true for me! The vibration is like a deep meditative peace. It is so silent here that I didn’t even hear birds singing and frogs croaking, like I did in the other house! Jnaneswari is insisting I keep a sturdy wooden bed inside. The cottage is cement & white bricks, about 10 feet by 10 feet, with bathroom and a thatched (straw) roof. I am so happy & grateful for Jnaneswari who has a presented it to me as a permanent home! The Lord is showering His Blessings on me!

I'm (thankfully!) relieved of kitchen duties and again I'm going to the Library daily, and also leading the morning & evening satsang in the Mandir. The rest of the time I can spend blissfully alone in my little beloved cave room. :-)

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu.

Love,

Divya