Loudmouthed ME + mafia YOU = A lot of crazy.

i know it's really short but i a trying to get as much written and posted before i leave for a week and not be able to write at all.

enjoy!

vote!

comment!

message!

I heard Landon's voice out in the hallway get louder as he walked by my door and fade as he got further away.

I quietly opened my door and went back in the kitchen to finish cooking.

When the food was ready I sat at the counter and ate by myself. As I ate I began thinking about my family.

I started remembering my sister and the way she would comfort me when I was kid and it was storming like this. Even though she was younger than I was she was always braver than me.

After she and my dad died the house became quiet and my mom stopped smiling so much. Everything just died with them.

Then Keith came along in my life and everything seemed to get better. Until he became an asshole.

I remember when I woke up in the hospital after the shooting.

FLASHBACK:

Tape covered my eyes and I was stiff. My throat was dry and I everything was muffled.

"Amanda?" a voice said. The voice was quiet and slowly coming into focus.

The tape was carefully removed from my eyes and I blinked rapidly against the light.

I looked up and four blurry figures became two: a nurse and a doctor, both female.

The doctor shined a light in my eyes and the nurse wrote something down on a clipboard.

"Can you hear me okay?" she asked.

I nodded slowly and looked around.

After a few more basic tests they let me have some water. I lifted myself up and an intense pain hit me on my stomach. My hands flew down to it and I screamed. My baby bump was gone. The pain didn't go away so I laid back down and wrapped my arms around my stomach and sobbed.

The nurse from earlier came running in with a cup of water and immediately dropped it when she saw me. She ran over and smoothed my gown back and tried to calm me down.

The accident came back in a rush and cried into my hands. I lost my baby.

END OF FLASHBACK

I shook my head to try and get the memory from my mind. I wiped at my face to dry the tears that were spilling over my eyes.

I hate crying, it makes me feel weak, and here lately that's all I have been doing; crying.

"Amanda?" Landon asked from behind me.

I didn't turn around just continued wiping my face. "What?" my voice was thick with tears.

"Are you crying?" he asked gently.

"No." I said and walked by him with my head down. I went into the living room and he followed me.

"If this is about the kiss, then--"

I shook my head. "It's not about that." I said and sat down.

He sat down by me and turned my face to him. I looked away from him and he kissed my cheek. "If you need me, I'll be in my room." he mumbled, his lips still against my cheek.

I nodded and laid back on the couch as he walked away.

I turned the TV on and boredly flipped through the channels.

After about an hour I turned off the TV and looked outside. It was still raining outside but not thundering so badly.

I walked quietly through the house, turning off lights as I went. When I passed Landon's room I stopped. I could here him moving around and he dropped something.

"Damn." he mumbled.

I giggled and then covered my mouth.

The door opened and Landon stood there smiling with a box in his hand. He moved aside and I stepped through into his room.

"Moving?" I asked. The room was covered in boxes filled with his stuff scattered all over the room.

"Something like that. Have a seat anywhere." I sat on the end of his bed and pulled my knees under my chin. He went into the closet and came out with an arm full of shirts. He sat next to me on the bed and started folding the shirts.

"What would you do if I tried to get away?" I whispered.

He stopped folding and looked at me. "I would let you go." he whispered back.

"Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Wouldn't you get in trouble?"

"Yeah." half of his mouth pulled up into an almost smile.

I looked away and then back at him. The silence was comfortable but I wanted to hear his voice again. "I'm sorry about Lidia."

He shrugged. "I knew something was off but it never hit me that she could be cheating on me."

"She was a bitch anyway."

He chuckled. "Sometimes." he looked at me and put the shirts beside him on the bed. "But I was going to break up with her soon anyway." he sat closer.

I looked up at him.

The lights flashed off and then back on. I blinked and laid back. He laid back beside me and I reached out and grabbed his hand. He squeezed my hand and reached over to turn the lamp off.

I put my head by his shoulder and yawned. "Goodnight."

He kissed my temple. "'Night."

I smiled softly. Landon yawned and I turned my head to face him. My eyes were adjusting to the dark and I started to see his face. He was watching me watch him. I turned on my side and he put his arm around my waist.

I closed my eyes and put my head on his arm and fell asleep.