Lie.

A/N: Thank you jjblueatemojie22 for this suggestion! I forgot about this video, and I've been needing more angst in this story. I hope you guys enjoy. This is based around the Try Guys Take a Lie Detector Test video. 

It took a few days to feel 100% myself again, though I did drag myself to work for the last few days and used the weekend to fully recover. Eugene made sure to come over and check on me every now and then, and we did still hang out over the weekend, mostly just watching movies at my place.  I was fine to come back to work on Monday, which meant a lot of catching up. The guys threw themselves into more Try Guys stuff throughout the beginning of the week. 

There was a lot of meetings to tend to, but not nearly as much work as there could have been, given that I only missed one day, and I tried to keep up with my emails that day anyway. I was pretty well back to a normal pace by the middle of the week. 

With a little bit of downtime before a meeting, I checked a few things and saw that there was a new Try Guys video up. I was subscribed to all the Buzzfeed channels on my personal account to keep up with all the things people were creating. It was them taking a lie detector test, which intrigued me. When I opened it up, I was able to remember the day they did that filming, since I was pleased with seeing Eugene walking around with the dress pants, button up and black tie -it was sexy. 

The first bit was joking questions, little curious things they wanted to know about each other. They started to get deeper as the video went on. Eugene's were definitely more serious, which had me paying closer attention. "Do you think Ned and his wife are going to get divorced someday?" Zach asked.

"No," Eugene said, seemingly confident. 

"He's lying," John, the proctor, concluded from the results, causing Eugene a look of light guilt. 

"I could have told you that, Zach," Keith commented. 

"To be fair, I'm a child of divorce, so... Am I the only child of divorce in the Try Guys? Yep, yep, it does some stuff to your brain, guys," he explained. I frowned at that, but it wasn't anything I didn't already know or at least suspect. 

It was Ned's turn to ask him a question, "do you believe in true love?"

It didn't take him long to answer, though there as a moment of consideration. "No," he finally said. 

"He's telling the truth," John noted.

Ow. I paused the video, taking that in. I knew he had a hard time believing in it after his parents' divorce, and it wasn't something we totally differed on; my answer wouldn't have been quite a hard no, but more of an I don't know. The thing was, I thought that was changing, but maybe it wasn't? 

I tried to push it off, going back to watching the rest of the video to see if there was anything else I should know about. 

"Have you ever wanted to fuck any of us?" Keith asked him later on in the video.

His brow furrowed at that. "No." 

"He's lying," John called him on that, and my brow rose in a morbid curiosity. It was bouncing around a bit with the questions and who was in the chair, but I paid particular attention to the question. 

"Ever wanted to fuck me?" Keith asked.

"No," Eugene answered simply, and John confirmed it was true. Eugene screwing with Ned about killing a variety of people or saving his wife was amusing, especially when it got Ned flustered with John, causing their proctor to threaten to kill Ned in a monotone voice. 

"Have you ever wanted to fuck me?" Ned asked, coming back to the question of trying to figure out which TG Eugene wanted to sleep with.

"No,"  he answered again, and again, John confirmed it's truthfulness.

"Then we already know who he wants to fuck!" Keith teased Zach behind them with his arms up in a mock excitement. 

"Or it could be Honor," Eugene pointed out. It wasn't a common nickname from him, mostly around the office and in videos, especially ones that had to do with TGs stuff. 

"Does she count?" Ned asked, not sure how that worked.

Eugene smirked a bit. "Counts for me."  I rolled my eyes at him, even if he was on the screen and not here. There wasn't a whole lot more in the video I didn't know - despite the fact the guys were surprised by Eugene wanted kids, I wasn't, given the Ship it episode. There was another spot that was tender when he confessed to not realizing how much he meant to the other guys.

I had to get ready for my meeting but sent a text to Ned asking if we could talk in about an hour when it was done and he agreed. I didn't want to get into what it was about over text, and just hoped I didn't torture him too much with waiting. I went to meet with him in one of the offices when we were both free. 

"What's up?" he asked, coming to sit with me while I sorted through the work so I would be able to go soon.

"I saw the latest Try Guys video," I said, giving him a small smile, before saving my work to give him more of my attention.

"Yeah? What'd you think?" he asked, and I couldn't see anything clicking, but maybe he didn't remember that part. I knew that filming time was long, and I was pretty sure he didn't edit that one. I wasn't entirely sure who edited them, actually...

"It was interesting, though you might want to sleep with one eye open," I commented playfully, trying to keep it a little light for a minute. "There were some parts in particular that caught my attention though."

He laughed softly. "Yeah, I got threatened to be murdered.." he reminisced before raising a brow. "What parts?" 

I chewed on my lip. "The biggest one was about what Eugene said about true love.." I murmured. He'd asked the question, so I figured I wouldn't need to elaborate. 

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that part, actually. I wasn't sure whether to be surprised by his answer or not," he responded, and I could see the way his gaze shifted from light and laughing to a little guarded, and looking at me with some worry.

"To an extent, it didn't surprise me. Like he said before it, being a child of divorce messes with your head, and I knew he definitely wasn't super into believing it... I just, I dunno, thought maybe it was changing more," I answered, fidgeting with my pen. 

"It's hard to tell. They were mostly just yes or no questions, not a whole lot of room for explanation," he tried to reassure me. 

I pursed my lips some, "do you think I could change that in him?" I glanced over at him, having a hard time with the new doubt I was feeling.

"I don't see why not. You said yourself that you trust him more than you've trusted anyone in a while, you're changing each other," he pointed out.

I nodded a little. "I guess the sudden doubt just shocked me, and it hurt more than I thought it would." 

"I know you have a hard time putting yourself first, but you do need to make sure you're keeping yourself happy, so you don't get hurt or fall into an unhappy cycle. Do what's best for you, Y/N/N," he said. 

"I'll figure something out," I murmured.