Status.

As a chronic insomniac, waking up without the memory of falling asleep wasn't anything new to me. It was a process of figuring out where I was and trying to remember what I'd been doing before sleep. I hadn't even opened my eyes yet and could tell I was in a semi-sitting position, which told me I was on the couch. What had I been doing before sleep, though? There was the date with Eugene and -- I had no memory of taking him home or us saying goodnight.

That was when I realized whatever I was laying on was moving, just a small bit. Breathing.

My eyes popped open and from there it was easy to piece it together. We'd fallen asleep while watching movies together. Eugene was propped up against the arm of the couch, laying on a dozen or so pillows, and I was leaning against him. 

The freak out faltered a bit when I noticed how peaceful and cute he was while sleeping. It caused me to relax a bit, and I carefully reached over to where my phone was sitting on the coffee table, seeing it was 9 am. Ugh. 

Trying to shift and sit up carefully wasn't an easy task, hoping not to wake him. It wasn't proven successful when he shifted himself, draping his arm around me and tried to shift into a spooning position. Welp. Now I was trapped.

Time to wake him.

"Eugene," I whispered. Waking up was never fun, but a rude awakening was even worse. "Eugene," I tried again a little louder since he didn't move. "Sleeping Beauty it is then.." I muttered, moving enough so I can lean up and press my lips to his gently.

Eugene finally shifted a bit and started to return the kiss,  before the confusion set in and he pulled away. I watched him take in the surrounding, before realizing who it was who kissed him. "Y/N? What--?" he asked, still trying to figure everything out.

"We apparently fell asleep together," I answered, neutral about it. Yeah, it tended to be weird sleeping and cuddling someone who you weren't with, or didn't intend to do it, but we were dating, after all. 

I was finally able to sit up and he followed suit, rubbing his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. He glanced over at me after a moment, face a big question mark, "did you just Sleeping Beauty kiss me?" 

I grinned cheekily in response. "Mhm. I was trying to get up and you captured me in a spooning position and weren't responding to me gently trying to wake you. I didn't want to smack you or yell at you, so I went for a nice way to wake up," I explained.

He laughed softly. "I would have enjoyed it more if I'd realized who it was," he said. 

"At least I know you don't make a habit of kissing random people," I teased, reaching over to fix his hair some. Yes, he usually hated his hair being touched, but it was a mess, so I figured this was an exception. 

"Nope, just one specific beautiful girl," he flirted, leaning over to peck my lips.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his cheesiness but returned it anyway. "Flirt."

"This is true," he admitted. 

"Well, since you're here, you want breakfast?" I asked, pushing myself off the couch and fixed my shirt. 

He nodded, getting up behind me. "Sounds good."

We went into the kitchen, figuring out something to eat, and I worked on cooking. "I'd offer to help, but I'm not great at it unless it's Kimchi," he commented.

I waved him off. "I like cooking anyway, and if I'm gonna cook, I prefer it to be just me," I answered. 

"I guess we have a good arrangement then," he pointed out.