Sick.

A/N: Inspired by the fact I truly feel like I'm dying right now, and need to pretend I have a beauty like Eugene to be my nurse. If anything is funky, I apologize and blame it on the meds.

It was two days after the Ship It filming, and when I woke up, I could already tell it was going to be a bad day. I felt really warm, despite the fact I kept my room like an ice box; I loved the feeling of being able to curl up under the covers and cuddle up. There would even be times where I'd wake up in the middle of the night too cold and have to turn down my fan. But this morning I felt like it was a hundred degrees in my room, and tossing my blankets off didn't help any. I became aware of the pounding headache, as well as how tight and sore the muscles in my neck and back were. I also began to feel that my stomach felt a little sour, not like I was going to throw up or needed to go to the restroom, but just enough to tell me it wasn't happy and make me uncomfortable.

Sitting up was greeted with a full dizzy spell that had me laying back down, a pillow pulled over my head. I'd had hangovers that didn't feel this bad... 

After trying to let my body wake up a bit and hope it would calm down, I tried sitting up again, and the wave of vertigo was back. There was no way I could work like this. The office wasn't horribly strict on calling out, so long as you didn't do it frequently, and it was with good reason. We all wanted to be there and knew how lucky we were, so that wasn't really an issue, hence why we tended to work overtime. 

I made a call to my boss, letting him know I was feeling really sick and didn't think I could come in today. He was fine with it, telling me to feel better before we hung up. Next, I decided to call Eugene so he'd know, and wouldn't worry about me not being there.

"Hey, babe, what's up?" he asked once he answered the phone.

I rested my arm over my eyes, phone on speaker and resting on my chest. "Just wanted to let you know that I won't be at work today. I'm feeling really sick, and just can't with today," I told him. I was grateful I didn't have any meetings or anything, and I could always check some emails and reply to them later from home. 

"What's wrong? Do you need anything?" he asked, worried boyfriend mode activated.

A silent burp of a gas bubble coming up my throat made me feel uneasy all over again. "My stomach is unsettled, and I have a migraine from hell," I murmured, my voice even sounding raspy, despite it not hurting or anything. "And vertigo joins the party when I sit up," I added, dryly.

"I wish I could come take care of you," he said, though we both knew full well his days were not as flexible as mine were, and he couldn't just take off to take care of his sick girlfriend. "I'll come over after work and take care of you, okay? And you can call if you need anything," he said. 

I smiled a little at his sweet mood. "That sounds wonderful. I'll probably just drag myself up to deal with the vertigo long enough to get meds and fluids, then sleep a lot of the day," I assured him so he wouldn't feel bad about not being able to come over.

"Do you want me to come over before work and get you settled for a few hours?" he offered.

"That's sweet of you to offer, but I'm okay with a few small trips. I don't know what this is, and I don't want to risk you getting sick before work," I told him. Of course, coming over after may still get him sick, but maybe I'd be feeling better by then, or have a better idea of what it was.

"If you say so. Like I said, call if you need anything," he reminded me. It would be a lot easier for him to take a break than spend the whole day with me.

"I will. Let the others know I'm not feeling well and will hopefully be back tomorrow?" I requested. 

"You got it, beautiful. Go rest, feel better," he told me. 

"Thank you," I answered before hanging up. I slowly sat up, letting my head try to calm down some before getting out of bed and dragged myself into the bathroom. While I prepared the medicine, I stuck a thermometer in my mouth, waiting for it to go off. When it did, I looked at it and saw the fever was only slight, which was a relief. I took my medicine and went to make sure I had plenty of good fluids to keep me company, before going back to bed.

I went through hot flashes and cold spells throughout the day, my stomach going up and down with how it was feeling, but the migraine mostly staying. Eugene texted a little before the end of the usual workday, saying he finished early and would head over to me if I wanted. I agreed and went out to the living room enough to unlock the door and get a new drink. A lot of the vertigo seemed to go away, but a lot of movement still made my stomach turn.

It wasn't long before I heard the front door open, and Eugene peaked into my room, where I was currently buried under the covers in a cold spell. "Hey," I murmured, running my fingers through my hair and sat up just enough to be propped up by my pillows.

"Hey, beautiful," he greeted. "Brought veggie friendly soup, since I figured you haven't eaten all day," he said, setting it on my bedside table and came to sit with me. 

I groaned a little at the mention of food, the idea still making my stomach clench. I rested against him, curling up close to try to get warm. "Thank you. Currently, I just want cuddles, because I feel like I'm freezing," I said.

He took one of my hands, feeling how cold it was and rubbed it softly. "Any idea what's wrong yet?" he asked.

"I'm torn between mild food poisoning or an allergic reaction to my sleep medication. It doesn't seem like a cold or flu, but I haven't thrown up, nor have I been terribly itchy," I said. 

"It still may be a cold, or it may be the food poisoning. From what you've told me, it doesn't sound like an allergic reaction. If it's mild food poisoning, it would explain why your body hasn't been trying to get rid of stuff, just enough to tick it off," he explained. Obviously, he wasn't a doctor, but it made enough sense to me.

"Maybe. There was some dairy I had yesterday that seemed a little off, nothing too much to worry me at the time, but thinking about it, it could have caused it," I replied.

He threaded his fingers through my hair once my body went back to a normal temperature, and he kissed my head. "Do you want to try some of the soup? Just enough to get something besides medicine and Propel in your stomach?" 

I sighed but nodded a little, knowing I needed to. I sat up a little more, and he handed me the Styrofoam cup and plastic spoon, staying close. I ate some; it was more of the idea of eating, given the upsetness of my stomach that was hard, rather than actual reactions from my body and stomach itself. I got most of the way through before setting it aside and rested back against him.

"Help any?" he asked. 

"A little," I murmured, the sleepiness coming back.

"Do you want me to spend the night?" he offered. I noticed he wore joggers to work, and I wondered if that had been intentional, in case he needed to stay with me.

"Are you able to, with the pups and all?" I asked. I knew he'd spent the night accidentally before, but wanted to make sure. 

He nodded. "They have potty pads, and if I need to, I can call one of the other guys and ask them to go check on them. I can go over tomorrow morning to check on them and change before work," he assured me. 

"I'd like to have you here, then," I said, having a hard time staying awake. 

"I'll stay then," he answered, kissing my head. " For now, go back to sleep," he told me.

The rest of the day was spent in bed, him bringing me medicine occasionally and doing whatever he could to make me as comfortable as possible. Curling up to sleep for the night was easy for both of us, and I was able to pass back out. 

Just a Game | Eugene Lee Yang x Reader fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara