chapter 7

Jacquees .

it's been hard not having Onna here . literally .

i haven't got a call from her , a text , the school doesn't even know if she's alright or not .

dfs told me not to worry about her , they said she's safe and out of harms way .

but how would i know that ?

they moved her almost immediately , not giving her a chance to say good bye to anyone .

i heard about paul .

that nigga in jail to 25 years to life . I heard Aubri'onna's mom came to the court and confessed to everything  , even about him selling drugs . Everybody said he cried when he heard the judge give him that much time .

Today is Graduation day .

It don't feel the same without Onna here  .

i was sitting in the row along with August & Lay . They were on the 5th row , meanwhile we were in row 7 .

a couple minutes later our row got called .

" August Alsina "

" Kate Anderson "

" Justice Rollins "

" Franklin Cruz "

" Lay Overall "

" Semaj Henderson "

" Aubrey Jones "

" Rodriquez Broadnax ( Jacquees ) "

i walked across the stage to grab my diploma .

soon after all the talking we finally left .

i didn't even feel like partying .

i went home and fell asleep .

3 years later .

Aubri'onna pov

" girl hurry up , we gotta go " my Aunt Jess yelled .

" Auntie here i come " i yelled back from my bedroom door . Today we were going Apartment Shopping .

let me catch yal up real quick .

3 years ago i left Louisiana due to being Abused my my Step father Paul . They got in contact with a relative all the way in Arkansas . my Aunt Jess , who was my moms sister .

she told them that it was okay that i live with her and my oldest cousin Jaceon .

when they seen me it was hell , my cousin wanted to fight Paul and so did my Aunt .

After a couple of months my face started to clear up & my hair began to grow back , but it grew back slowly , so i decided to cut it off and start over again .

Then i graduated high school , my Aunt wanted me to move out , but i told her i wasn't ready yet . she completely understood .

when i moved out here i was hoping that one day i'll bump into Jacquees but that day hasn't happened .

" girl come on , i ain't got all day "

snapping out my thoughts of my Aunt walking in a fluffed my hair once more before grabbing my purse , phone and important information .

following her out the house and into her car we drove to the first Apartment.

2 hours later .

" l like this one Aunt " i said as we looked around at the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment . it wasn't to big , wasn't to small , it was just right .