The Bites

Chapter 16

We dragged them, which seemed like forever, but we eventually made it to my house. Emma started acting a little crazy. I didn't know what to do. So, I woke Tessa up, and asked her what I should do. She told me to make a journey to the werewolves and vampires' lair, and take something of theirs that they value. That makes sense I guess.

"Nikki, I warn you that Emma and I are going to start getting crazy because if a magical creature gets bit then they start becoming whatever bit them." Tessa explained.

Oh dear, I thought. We are going to have a lot of work to do to keep them safe. I don't have time to go to their lair. Maybe I should call Ashley.

"Hello who is this?" She asked.

"It's Nikki." I told her. "We have a problem."

"Explain."

"Well," I started. "Tessa and Emma got bit by a werewolf and a vampire."

"Coming." Ashley replied right away and hung up.

Ashley arrived at my house ten minutes later with a lot of weapons.

"What is all of that for?" I asked.

"You'll see." She replied grabbing her bag and taking a knife out. "This is a weapon that can destroy a vampire. If you hit them in the right place."

"Where is that?"

"I would prefer the head because it damages the brain." Ashley said, giving me a knife. "Name it."

"Name what?"

"Well, the knife."

"Um, ok." I replied. "Rosalind." The knife glowed a bright purple."

"Nice name, Azura." Ashley said. Her knife turned blue instead of purple.

We arrived at the bar.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Someone asked us.

"Um, we need to use the restroom."

"Ok." He said pointing to the bathroom.

Ashley and I walked towards the bathroom. I opened the door. She walked towards the last stall.

"This stall is invisible to humans."

"Cool." I said.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to it. I hate stalls. I remember this one time when a male freshman was dragged into the stall by a senior. He was scared, but he knew what was coming. The senior flushed the toilet and put his head in it. I felt horrible for him. Gossip happened, and by the end of the day everyone in the school knew what happened. The freshman moved away, and was never heard again.

Ashley flushed the toilet which opened up a portal. Well, we obviously went in it. The portal was purple, and when we stepped in it the world went round. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Ashley, where are you?" I asked.

When she never answered I started freaking out. Then, I felt a cold hand on my should. I tensed up and turned around.

"Ashley, thank gosh you are here."

"Lets go, we need to hurry. Its almost dark." Ashley replied leading me to the vampires.

We walked through the door. It had cobwebs everywhere, and blood dripping down the stairs. I shuttered. I have never seen so much blood in one spot. I sneaked up the stairs, being as quiet as possible. If you make one creak they will all wake up, and we will be totally screwed. Ashley followed me upstairs. I turned around to see if Ashley was behind me. She was gone. I thought to myself, maybe she forgot something. Why would she leave me stranded with a bunch of hungry vampires? Calm down, Nikki. Calm down.

"Hey, what are you doing at our place?" Someone asked.

"Um, Ashley!"

"I said, what are you doing!"

"Help!" I looked over and saw a female vampire looking at me angrily.

"Lauren, you have a visitor." She said looking at her.

"Um, I'll leave you guys if you want. It's no big idea. I'll make an appointment if you want." I said backing away.

"Azura!" Someone shouted.

"Ashley!" I said.

"Hey, this is part of the plan." She replied winking at me.

"Damn it! Where is my knife?" I shrieked.

"Behind you!"

Must have dropped it. I turned around and saw a huge muscular man with fangs.

"Hi, I'm Nikki," I said. "And I'm going to go."

I quickly grabbed my knife.

"Rosalind!" I yelled, and it started to glow purple. I stabbed him in the gut, but that seemed to make him more angry. So you know what I did next. I ran for my life, oh I didn't grab my knife or nothing. I ran for my life. Then the vampire got me, and I got scared. Nobody got time for that. I twirled around grabbing my blade in the process, and stabbed him right in the head. He started turning into dust. Oh goody, I though. Did I kill him?

"We need to go, now!" Ashley yelled grabbing my hand.

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah." She replied showing me the ruby.

"I love it!" I squeaked.

I jumped through the portal first. With Ashley behind me. I am glad I don't feel sick to my stomach. Phew, we made it out alive! I am still in one piece. One down. One to go.