The Many Secrets

Chapter 8

Tessa was calling all of us to meet down at her house for a special meeting. I have to admit that I don't really like Tessa right now for not telling me about Seth, but everything doesn't add up. Tessa said that she loved it when Seth's grandma was in the water. I don't get it.

I made it to Tessa's house five minutes after she called. Tessa was freaking out about something.

"Hi Tessa. What's wrong?" I asked her. Tessa looked pale. Too pale. Maybe even blue.

"I have to tell you something." She said. "I have to get rid of this burden."

"Are you even speaking English?" I asked calling my friends for another time. I was freaking out! What have these people done to Tessa? Tessa grabbed my hand as I tried to get out of the house. "Let go Tessa! What's wrong?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Five minutes later Emma and Macy made it. I tried to call out to them, but Tessa but a scaly hand on me. What is this? Is she a sick mermaid or what was this? Emma and Macy opened the door, and scampered over to me.

"What is going on?" Emma asked.

"Sit!" Tessa said. All of a sudden Tessa was back to her regular self. "I have to let somebody know what I am. I am not a human I'm a..."

Creak! Everyone jumped besides Tessa. The door opened to Tessa's house and her parents walked in.

"We have to go someplace else." Tessa said.

We walked to The Blend. It felt like forever because Tessa made it seem like the scariest secret of all secrets in the world.

I opened the doors to The Blend, and we went to go find a booth. Tessa found a clean booth to sit at.

"Ok!" Macy said. "I'm scared Tessa you win, ok we cool."

"No," Tessa replied quickly. "I have to share something I have never told anybody before."

"What!" We all said leaning forward.

"I am called a water nymph or a naiad." Tessa said. "You can call me either one."

"I knew you were not human!" I declared. "I glanced at Seth's note that said that you guys used to go out, and you told his grandma that you loved her in the ocean."

"I used to do horrible things as a naiad but I have changed." Tessa said.

"Wow!" Macy replied. "You used to be a naiad."

"A naiad is a water creature that tries to pull a human under water and drown them for our entertainment." Tessa said. "Also we are immortal, but I'm not anymore because I went out of the water for true love. His name was Logan. He picked me out of all my sister naiads, but they got jealous so they drowned him when he got to close to the water."

"I'm sorry." Emma said trying to cheer her up.

"I told my pet fish Rainbow to keep an eye out on them, and when I heard that they somehow turned dark..."

"OMG!" I interrupted. "Rainbow talked to me at the park! She asked me to give her a recipe to a potion."

"I wish I could go see them." Tessa said. "I have been like this ever since. Scaly I mean."

"Oh, what about the mortals?" Macy asked. "Do they see you are all scaly?"

"No, because they don't understand that mermaids and other creatures are real. Some children and adults can see scales on me because they have always believed that this world was different."

"That's kinda odd don't you think?" I asked.

"What being all scaly?" Tessa replied. "Well you get used to it. The only reason I can tell that they are dark is because one of my sisters put a spell on that would let us know when each other were in trouble."

"That's a nice way to know." I said. "I guess."

"Should we try to help?" Emma asked.

"The more help the better I guess."

I looked across the room and saw somebody making out with Tyson. Omg, disturbing!

"We should go." I said looking over at Tyson and a girl with red hair and a hint of brown.

"Oh Nikki," Macy replied. "What happened with Seth?"

"Nothing!" I said to loudly. "Lets just go!"

We walked out of The Blend and jogged to Macy's house.

"Welcome home, Macy!" Her parents said.

"Hi," Macy replied. "Is it all right that my friends can spend the night?"

"Yeah," Macy's mom said. "Just make sure they are not loud."

"Thanks!"

I walked to Macy's room upstairs.

"Hey Tessa do you want to make a potion to help you sisters?" Emma asked.

"Yeah sure." Tessa replied.