The Ritual

Chapter 13

I dialed Seth's phone number. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring. "You have reached voice mail. Please leave a message after the beep." Beep! He did not just put me on voice mail.

"Hi, this is Nikki." Macy has gone missing, and it's been over twenty-four hours. We are all scared out of our minds. Please come and comfort me. Seth I need you." I said hanging up the phone. "My life is ruined. First, my boyfriend doesn't answer my call. Second, Macy is missing. Finally, Emma thinks that Macy is trying to scare us." I said talking to myself.

"Ok," Emma replied. "Now its been twenty-four hours."

"Thank you!" I said dialing nine one one. Ring, ring, ring. "Hello, this is Nikki, and I am here to report a missing person. Here name is Macy Jones. She is a teenager, and has been missing for twenty-four hours."

"Ok," He said. "We will be there in just a moment."

They got here eventually. It felt like more than a moment, though. We all walked into the forest. Looking around we saw traps everywhere. Omg, it looks like Macy might have been trapped there. The rope is cut, and it looks like there might be blood. Oh, Macy!

"Are you joking with us?" The police officer asked. "We don't see anything."

"No, why?" I replied. Why can't they see anything? It's right in front of them. Must be magic. "Sorry I think Macy was just messing with us, bye." I lied.

"Ok?" He said turning around, and leaving the forest.

I took off running. I ran for like five minutes or so. I found a cabin. I moved towards it, and I saw these weird dogs. I begin pacing and begin thinking. What if I die in the house? What if I never find Macy? No, I have to be brave for Macy. I took one step at a time towards the house. I open the door, wow it's not locked. That was easy. I saw a bunch of spell books, potions, and a few rituals. I picked up one of the papers and read. Do you want everlasting power? If so you need the following: A purple mermaid, a naiad, and a wolf. This is The Hunter's house. I have to get out of here. Caleb needs me not Macy. I tried to run, but if I made one noise he would find me here. I was just out the door when my hair was grabbed behind me.

"Going somewhere?" Caleb asked. "We have," He took a deep sniff. "Another mermaid."

"What's a mermaid?" I lied.

He chuckled. "You of course are the purple mermaid. I haven't seen a purple mermaid in fifty years. You I'm guessing are the leader of the pod?"

"No," I started. "What do you mean by leader of a pod?"

"There is usually a whole pod of mermaids, and a purple tailed mermaid is their leader. They say that purple mermaids are smarter and prettier. This is true, and is always true."

"Oh," I replied. "I don't live in a pod. What do the other color tails mean?"

"Um," Caleb started. "Blue is usually the protector of the Queen, which is the purple tail. Green is the mermaid that can find unique shells and pearls. Pink is the brainiest of the group, so don't go to them. They will yap and yap and yap. You can ask me one more question."

"Do they have certain powers?" I asked.

"There is only one purple every fifty years so the purple is special, but purple can move water. They can even move the sea like Percy Jackson and Poseidon. Blue can freeze the water. Green can warm things up, and pink can make the water mushy."

"Wow," I said amazed. "I thought Percy Jackson was fake? Can I meet him one day? Is it possible?"

"He is still very much alive, but he is only twenty."

He dragged me upstairs, and I could see Macy blind folded and duck tapped on the mouth. This is all my fault, if I didn't ask truth or dare. Then this wouldn't be happening.

"Now, where is Ashley and Tessa?" He asked.

How does he know about them? We never would confess their names. I look over at Macy. Her eyes look like they are saying I didn't mean too. Macy, why?

"Bombs away!" Someone shouted downstairs. We could be saved. "Let them go, or I promise your day will suck."

"Tessa?" I screamed.

"Um, hey."

"What's Seth doing here?" I asked.

"Sorry to ruin your dreams, but he's a warlock. I only dated him to find out what he was."

"So that's why he was super hot, and is that why he dated me, because he knew I was a mermaid? Ugh, men" I said.

"I didn't mean to..." Seth started, but then stopped himself.

"Did you know I was a mermaid?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I did, but I still love you." He replied.

"I thought we..." I said. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I wanted to protect you."

"We'll you did perfect on that part!" I said sarcastically. "Why did you have to break my heart? Why me, why not Macy or Emma?"

"I, I don't know." He replied.

"Why, please tell me this. Why are you helping him?" I asked pointing to Caleb.

"Well, because Caleb is my brother."