The Fish

Chapter 7

I was at my house with Emma, Macy, and Tessa for a sleepover. Tessa wanted me to show my powers since she now knows everything I can possibly do. Don't want to make Tessa turn on us, and then get me into a lab to do experiments on me. Geez that makes me shiver every time.

Ring ring

"Macy get the phone?" I asked.

"Ok." Macy said,"Hello who is this? Oh hi Seth! I'll give Nikki the phone as soon as I can."

All the girls started to squeal. I tried to shush them, but who can.

"Hi Seth!" I said casually.

"Hi Nikki!" He said,"Do you want to hang out today by the park for a picnic?"

"Yeah sure."

"See you around eleven, then." Seth said.

"Yeah see you then." I said.

I hang up and they started shouting out questions like why was Seth calling or what does he want.

"One at a time." I said standing up. "I need to get dressed."

"Oh, a date I see!" Macy said squealing like a hamster.

"Yep! What time is it?" I asked Emma.

"Ten thirty-five." Emma said.

"OMG! I got to get ready!" I said racing to my room.

"I'm going to The Blend and "accidentally" bump into someone cute." Emma said.

"It's not like that Emma." I told her.

"Why can't I do it?"

"Fine go ahead then." I said sliding on a pair of skinny jeans.

"No Nikki on a date don't wear skinny jeans!" Tessa said.

"Why?"

"Do you want to lose him honey?" Tessa asked looking in my closet.

"Here wear this." Tessa said pointing to a purple dress in the back of my closet. Next she rummaged for a pair of earrings that would match them perfectly.

"Thanks Tessa! Your a lifesaver, got to go." I said rushing out the door while putting on lipstick. I might as well put some on if Tessa said it would look good.

I meet Seth in front of my house. He looked really cute with his jeans and a nice shirt. Wait he has jeans on and I don't! TESSA! She totally set me up. Oh well.

"You look nice." Seth said as he looked up and down in awe.

"You too."

"Ready to go." He said. Putting his hand out close enough so I could touch him.

I took his hand, and he escorted me to his car. The car drive was a little weird because I hardly ever know him.

Back at The Blend Emma jumped up and walked toward the bathroom. She was walking towards the girls bathroom when she accidentally bumped into a guy. Emma didn't actually mean to bump into him but she turned around and said,"Sorry."

"Not a problem. I was trying to get past anyway, but nice to meet you..."

"Emma."

"Nice to meet you Emma." He said.

"Your name is Bryan, isn't it?" Emma asked.

"No, Bradley." He replied.

"Ok! See you later Bradley." I said and started walking away from him.

"I'll see you around Emma!" Bradley said.

We eventually got their. Strolling around the park for a while looking for a spot to sit for our lovely picnic.

"Hey! Down here!"

"What!" I said as I looked down to see who was talking.

"Who are you talking to?" Seth asked me as we crossed the bridge over the pond.

"Umm, I was asking what place should we pick?" I replied. Phew that was close.

"I think we should sit over there." Seth said pointing to a spot under the tree.

"It's me the fish."

"Seth I'll meet you there. I think I dropped my phone back there." I told Seth.

Seth walked away towards the tree. He turned away and waved. I waved back, and pretended to search for my phone.

"Umm, fish." I said.

"Yeah over here. Oh and call me Rainbow." The fish replied. "Before you question me. Yes, I can only talk to mermaids."

"Why mermaids?" I asked.

"We are like practically cousins! Do you listen to anything in class?" Rainbow asked.

"Why? What are they supposed to teach?" I asked.

"In one of your class you read a tale about mermaids.

"Oh that tale. Why is it real?" I replied. Rainbow must have heard my sarcasm.

"Yes of course it's real!"

"Oh! We weren't mermaids then." I replied.

"Do you remember the ingredients for one of the potions?" Rainbow asked.

"You know I'm not a witch, right?" I asked.

"Yes I know, but do you?"

"Umm I think one of them had coral, a mermaids scale, and seaweed." I replied. "Why do you need to make a potion?"

"Some of the water nymphs or naiads have become evil and turned on us."

"That's sad, but I have to get going." I said.

I looked over at Seth grinning and grabbed my phone off the ground. Showing him my phone kind of like to say I found it.

"Sorry it took a while." I told him.

When I was gone he put the blanket on the ground and set our plates out.

"Ok, so I brought grapes, sandwiches, and a homemade pie from my grandma." Seth said. "She makes the best pie."

I glanced over and saw a note in his basket. It read:

Dear Seth,

I hope you have a fun time with that new girlfriend of yours, and I'm also sorry that you had a rough time with that other girl. She was so sweet. She always said that I would look beautiful in the water by the beach when I was in my younger days. Wasn't she named Tessa. I hope you have the best time possible.

Love, Grandma

Omg I thought he used to go out with Tessa! Why hasn't she told me about him?

"Look Seth I'm sorry about today, but I totally forgot that I had to meet my mom at my house." I said.

When Seth tried to say bye, I already was to far from him.