The Hunter

Chapter 12

I had to go home, but I promised to let Macy, Emma, and Tessa tag along. When we got back to my house, Tracy licked us all. I picked her up and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"What now?" Tessa asked.

"How about a swim." Macy suggested taking out her cheetah bikini.

I grabbed my purple zebra bikini, and Emma got her bikini too, Tessa was the only one without one.

"I'm fine," Tessa said. "My clothes stay dry while I swim."

"Cool!" Macy replied.

We raced each other to the beach. Macy takes the lead, next me, Emma following, and Tessa jogging behind. We hovered over the water for a few seconds and then we hit the water. We could see that we had tails again and Tessa she looked different. I couldn't put a finger on it.

"You blend into water?" Macy asked.

"Yeah," Tessa said. "It's kinda cool."

We all looked over at Tessa. It was true she looked like water. We tried to beat Tessa to the island but we couldn't. Nothing can beat Tessa at her homeland. We eventually got to the cave.

"I love it here." Emma said.

"I do too." Macy replied shaking her tail to the side.

"I just love this water." I said leaning on the rock.

"Truth or dare?" I asked anyone.

"Dare!" Macy replied quicker than Emma could open her mouth.

"I dare you to go in the woods at night, and stay there for a hour."

"Ok!" Macy asked. "When?"

"How about now?" I asked. "Its dark enough."

"Lets do this." Macy asked. "Is anyone coming with me?"

"Nope," Emma replied. "You have to meet us at Nikki's house by nine."

"Good luck," Tessa said. "See you later."

We watched Macy step into the woods. There are rumors that this forest is named after The Hunter or you could call him Caleb, but people say that the people that make it out are insane. Also, that if he sees you in the forest he will tear out your soul and feed it to his hounds.

Macy climbed a tree thinking this isn't that bad. Until she heard all these noises. Hoot! Grrr! Bang! Her mind have must be playing tricks on her because why would there be a bang out there...unless the rumors are true. Macy climbed down the tree and started walking deeper into the forest.

"W-who's there?" Macy stuttered. "W-what do you want?"

The sound only moved closer. Macy kept walking forward. Step by step.

"Ahhhh!" Macy yelled as her foot caught in something and dragged her up in the air. "Great a trap."

"Smell that boys," The voice said. "That's the smell of dinner."

"Help!" Macy screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Don't worry," The voice came again. "It won't take long. You'll be dead in a minute. What brought you to my lair?"

Macy thought she better not say anything.

"You know I have a smell for supernatural creatures." He said. "You smell to me of mermaid."

"I'm not a mermaid." Macy replied. "Fairy tale stories are not real!"

"You know I might have to keep you a while." He said.

"Why?"

"There is this ritual." He started. "Where you need a mermaid, wolf, and a naiad. Do you know of any?"

"No, just me." Macy lied. "People don't understand much about me. They call me a nerd."

Back at the house.

"It's been two hours!" I said frightened. "I was trying to scare Macy, but not for this long."

"It's fine," Tessa started. "She is trying to scare us, and is not doing a good job."

I think I might have passed out because I don't remember a thing after Tessa told us it was all a joke.

"Macy," I asked. "Are you back?"

No one replied. Tessa and Emma were asleep on the couch. I don't know where Macy is.

"Tessa, Emma!" I said. "Wake up already."

Emma snorted and jumped up with a start leaving Tessa still asleep. Ugh! Whatever!

"Lets look for Macy." Emma said smoothing out her hair.

We searched and searched the forest, but no Macy. I started to cry. Yelling at myself for paying truth or dare. Why Macy? Why not me?

"Macy, Macy!" We hollered. "We know that you are trying to scare us but your not."

"This is no use is." I said. "I'm calling the police."

"No!" Emma replied. "Haven't you watched any of those shows where people go missing. You have to wait twenty four hours. It's only been fourteen."

"Isn't that enough hours!" I replied quicker than I could move. "Fine, I'll call Seth."