The New Girl

Chapter 5

We were in the office when she accidentally spilt her water all over me. I had no idea what to do.

"Omg I am so sorry! I am such a klutz!" Said the new girl.

"RUN NIKKI!" Macy was yelling at me.

I stared running to the bathroom, but I did not make it in time. Macy was standing outside of the office to see if I made it but I didn't.

"What do I do?" I asked freaking out.

"Get a towel from the gym. They have some by the pool."

"Well that's going to help! A big fish flopping around the halls! No one will notice that." I said in a sarcastic voice.

"I'll be back." Macy said.

"Ok. Hurry I don't want to be sea food by the time your back."

"Haha!" Macy laughed in a sarcastic tone of voice.

It felt like it was hours but, she eventually came. Meanwhile when I was trying to get dry or in terms not a mermaid. The new girl came by to say she was sorry.

"I'm really sorry. Can I help you?" She asked politely.

"NO! I'm fine." I said trying to act like nothing happened, but it did.

She started walking towards me. I said,"No I am fine! Don't help me."

"It's alright I won't bite."

She grabbed my towel and she saw everything. She screamed.

"No! Don't please!"

She stopped screaming. Macy started dragging me towards a bathroom. Since the new girl was screaming the principle got up from his desk and opened the door. Screech! Macy and I got there just in time. The principle asked the new girl what happened. She was about to say what happened, but Macy ran out of the bathroom and took over.

Meanwhile the new girl and Macy came to the bathroom, while I was in human form, and started asking questions.

"How is this even possible? What are you? Are you going to hurt me? Is she a mermaid thing?" She pointed to Macy.

"Ok! Ok! Calm." Macy said,"What is your name?"

"Oh name of course." The new girl said,"Tessa. Call me Tessa."

"Well then Tessa." I said,"First things first. You won't tell ANYONE!"

"Yes! Yes! Promise!" Tessa said.

"Ok this just happened weeks ago." Macy said eager to pour her heart out to Tessa.

"No! No! Don't lie to Tessa! I said,"It only happened three days ago."

"Fine, but you ruined a good story." Macy said.

While Macy explained everything. Tessa said,"We should meet at The Blend for a coffee."

"Yeah that would be cool!" We said together.

I whispered to Macy when Tessa left,"Did you say that you and Emma were mermaids?"

"Of course..." Macy said.

"WHAT!" I said.

"Not!" Macy said.

"Wait, what." I said pacing back and fourth.

"Of course not I'm not that stupid!" Macy said.

"Then what did you say?"

Macy said,"Well I said that I meet you at The Blend and accidentally spilt on you, and that's how we became best friends."

"Oh phew."

Ding Dong Ding Dong

"Bye," I said,"See you at lunch."