The Full Moon Awaits

Chapter 9

Everything has changed when we found out about Tessa. I don't like it when my closest friends keep secrets. I know that Tessa was afraid to tell us, but she knew that we are mermaids. Wasn't that enough information that we gave had to share. Oh wait she doesn't know about Emma and Macy. She will find out sooner or later. Tonight we are camping out at Macy's place. Searching a book about mermaid tales wasn't the best idea, but it had some good information about us. It even said a few things about naiads. One of the books was called A Mermaid Tale, written by Ian.

"Does this Ian guy have a last name?" I asked to anyone who had a answer.

"It doesn't say." Macy said looking at the cover.

"I think he might not want to be swarmed by paparazzi." Emma replied.

"That makes sense. I mean he made that story, but it actually sounds true about the three mermaids he talked about." Tessa said.

"We have to find this Ian." I said standing up and looked at everyone with a look that said you-know-we-have-to.

"Fine," Macy said staring at me. "We at least have to read the story more closely."

We looked over the book for a last time. It was about three teenagers like us, and that they were somehow mermaids. Their names were Theresa, Wanda, and Aria. They had many adventures together. They supposedly saved mankind and were greatly rewarded. I wondered what they did to save us. Theresa was mostly like me, she was the one who could move water. Ian also said that Wanda was still alive. That's weird.

"Hey guys Ian says that Wanda is still alive." I said pointing to the part in the book that says it.

"Awesome!" Macy replied excitedly while she grabbed the book and put it on the bed. Something fell out of the book. Maybe a torn page.

"Oh Macy..." I said half in sentence looking down. A letter. "Good job."

"It's only a letter." Macy replied confused.

I bent down to pick up the letter. It was addressed to Ian. I ripped open the letter. It read:

Dear My Love,

I am truly sorry for not telling you. It destroyed me every time to think of me not telling you. I understand if you don't want me anymore, but I still love you anyway. Meet me tonight if you still want to be with me. You know the place.

Love, Theresa Tracy

Aw, that was a sad letter. It sounded like Ian didn't know that she was a mermaid.

The full moon looked beautiful out tonight. The howling of the wolves. Wait, howling!

"Ummm, guys." I whispered. They must have not heard the wolf because the next time it howled they jumped.

"That did not sound good." Tessa and Macy said finishing each others sentence.

I walked down the stairs. I think I heard something inside the house. The lights flickered on and off. Glass vases shattered. I looked around and the wolf was growling right in front of me.

"Nikki don't move." Emma's voice was shaking. I could tell that because she always shakes when she is scared.

I backed up slowly. Creak! Creak! Thunk! I shut the door behind me just in time.

"Ok," Macy said. "Count your fingers and hands."

"I'm fine!" I replied in a firm voice.

We slept till morning still hearing the wolf banging on the door. It stopped right when the moon went down.

"Should we open it?" Tessa asked as I searched Macy's room for something silver. I know that legends are supposed to be fake, but I didn't care.

Emma went first, then me, Macy, and then Tessa. We thought we were going to see a wolf, but instead we found a girl laying in its place. Oh, werewolf! Makes sense. Emma poked her, she opened her eyes right away.

"Ow," She asked. "What happened?"

"Umm, isn't it obvious?" Macy asked.

"Macy!" I said.

"What, we all thinking it."

She was that red head girl from The Blend. Making out with Tyson. I hate to admit it, but why Tyson? I mean he's a nice guy but, Tyson?

"What's your name?" I asked ignoring Macy.

"Ashley." She said.