Chapter 1: The End of the World

Since it would be really confusing to read the old one, I decided that I want to start over with a clean slate. I really appreciate the support from the old version but I hope that you will welcome this new one with the same passion. :))) I thank each one of my readers for voting, reading and commenting in the past I really do. 4,898 reads  103 votes  142 comments is no joke! And I might not ever get that far again. But I'm taking a risk to improve the story. After I've finish posting the edited chapters, I will erase the old one. Wish me luck! Check this out for updates. Love, stupidcupid :D

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^

The Mayans say that it would be the end of time. Some claim that it would come in the form of fire. Others say that it would be a never ending flood. The end of the world.

But I have one sure answer to that. It's a Saturday of September at the city park.

Okay. Okay. I'm... exaggerating. That's the right word. I'm definitely exaggerating right now. It really shouldn't be a big deal that he was there and that he wasn't a big jerk that day. I mean, people could change right? They could have realizations about their mistakes in the past and they can choose to be a better person.

Still, I don't think that he belongs to those kind of people. Vince could never change his ruthless ways. How can a guy who stuffs your locker with frogs, places a "Kick me" sign behind you, purposely destroys your science project and calls you fat in front of all his guy friends ever realize that he is wrong? Add that to the fact that he is conceited and too proud for his own good.

You have to understand me. I've been through a lot of bullying and teasing because of that guy. The only justifiable reason why he was so kind to me is that the world is ending. 

Or that it was some trick for revenge.

I chuckle at the thought. That must be it! What else could it be?

“Of course it was a plan.” I mumble to myself.

That jerk. He thinks I'll fall for his sudden Prince Charming act. He thinks that he can infiltrate my tough guard. He's dead wrong! I'm stronger than he thinks I am. I'm not the same little girl that he drowned to tears years ago. I've grown up and apparently, that fact helps a lot.

I walk back and forth inside my room as I remember that day. Maybe I could find a loophole to base my strategy against him. If its war he wants, war he'll get.

 I could remember how beautifully the sun smiled and how the birds sang in perfect harmony that day. I was almost sure that things would turn out right. It was just me, Andy, my four year old cousin and the refreshing city park. What could go wrong?

I was getting him some delicious and sweet cotton candy when Andy decided to just head by the flock of birds. I tried to run after him but then that would mean leaving the line. I hesitated for a while because I really wanted a bite of that cotton candy. I've been standing there for almost an hour and I'm hungry. Still, I couldn't let my adorable cousin be attacked by those birds.

"Andy! Don't go there. Stay put!" I'm already far from the line and a little girl in a yellow dress has already taken my place. I continued running to Andy as he innocently asks for trouble. It didn't cross his mind that those birds might be angry or starving for some reason and that they might decide to pick on a small and chewy boy like him. If that ever happens, mom and dad would never forgive me. I won't forgive myself too.

“Cessie!” Andy called out as he was about to pat a bird's head. I could just say that the bird wasn't pleased with that idea as it glared at Andy.