Chapter 36: Scarlet Letter (Jaime's Side)

Hey! This is a very interesing chapter :)) I reeeeaaally enjoyed remodeling it! Hope you like it. If not, I just hope you don't hate it. cutechildromance, what do you think? :)))

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Jaime's Side <3

Jaime's Side <3

 Remind me never to do that again. Remind me never to be reckless again. Please remind me to never rush my decision because I never want to have a sprain again.

 Just last night, I was watching a soap opera entitled "Don't Fall for Carter" and it gave me this crazy idea.

“Don’t Fall for Carter” is a TV series where the girl wrote love letters to the guy she loves. And every time, she wouldn’t send them because she’s afraid of rejection. The guy wasn’t shallow or conceited but he does love someone else. The fear consumed the girl until she grew old and alone. When she died, the letters were hidden until the great grandson of her great love found it. Those letters became the bridge of the great grandson and a relative of the girl. Many things happened and they ended up together.

I learned a very important lesson in that story: Don’t be afraid to tell someone that you love them.

 By now, you should’ve realized what I did. I wrote a letter for Mikee. I’m not so sure if it would even qualify as a "love letter" because I couldn't write something as romantic as that. But it's too sweet to qualify as a friendship letter.

Go ahead people. Call me stupid or whatever. I know that I just came from a heartbreak (when I heard the phone call). I cried because of that. Also, I know that giving him a love letter might ruin everything.

But you know what? A part of me is screaming that I should do this. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life regretting not telling him, not fighting for what I feel and not giving this a chance. I’m not wishing for them to break up. All I want is for him to know and maybe consider my side.

 I spent the whole night wondering about what I should tell him. I may have wasted two trees of paper and a liter of ink.

 Finally, I've found the right words.

 "You're the best thing that's never been mine. -Taylor Swift

 Hear me out. –Jaime”

 Those are all that I could think of. I just changed the lyrics a little bit and those came out. If only Mikee could see how he's inspires me everyday at school and how his jokes cheer me up...

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 I've already placed the letter in between a few pages of his notebook when I realize how foolish my idea is.

I am overwhelmed by feeling of having a stage fright at the thought of Mikee reading my letter. What was I thinking?

Maybe I’ll tell him how I feel… someday. Not now. Not this way.

I can’t keep myself calm. I try my best to look normal but my hands keep on shaking. My gaze keeps on wandering to Mikee’s bag where his notebook is located. My nerves are a wreck!

Using my stealthy techniques, I try to retrieve the letter. Every time that I do so, Mikee appears out of nowhere.

 By the end of practice, I realize that it is the perfect chance to get the letter back.

After looking around like a mad person, I run like I've never run before. Step by step, I’m becoming closer and closer to my target. I spot Mikee’s bag. To my luck, it is left open. A little more and I could sigh of relief. Almost there…