Chapter 10: Guarded (Terresse' Side)

Formerly a part of chapter 8. In Terresse' perspective.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Terresse’ Side <3

 When Ms. Suzanne called for Kyle and me, I shivered.

I always shivered when I hear, see, read or remember things about him. But this time, I’d actually be dealing with him. The real Kyle would be here beside me.

But he's just someone from my past. He shouldn’t bother me. We both decided to leave what’s behind us. Whatever that was. I don’t even know if there was really something. Maybe I just made it up. After all, I’m the only one who got hurt when we said goodbye… when he disappeared.

Terresse, calm down. Just act normal. Normal as if you’ve never knew him. Normal as if this is the first time that you’d known someone named Kyle. Normal as if he didn’t treat you like a special friend at first only to throw you out like some dirt. Whew, act normal.

 “Um, hello.” I hear his voice talk to me.

Chill Terresse. Greet him back. It’ll be fine. I turn around and face him.

“Oh hi.” I say while avoiding his gaze.

“So what exactly would we be doing?” he asks.

“Um…” I start saying while I grab my stuff.

“We’d be fixing the first song number of the play.” I answer simply.

“Cool.” He says.

“What would I do?” he asks.

I could really handle this myself. I just wish that someone could just ship him out of here since we have no use for him until the presentation of the play. He’s just a waste of space in here.

“You’re in charge of the volume.” I tell him. That was the easiest job. I guess even he won’t screw that up. Unlike how he screwed up our friendship.

“Great. Can you teach me?” he says. No thanks. Don’t you know how to change the volumes when you watch T.V? A two year old would figure that out for himself.

“Ah, sure.” I start saying. “You’ll just press the buttons here to make it loud or soft.” I said while pointing at the red and green buttons on the desktop.

“I think I could handle that.” He says.

“Any other thing I could help with?” he asks.

“Nah, I can manage.” I reply.

“Okay.” He says.

Now, things are really getting awkward. I don’t want to initiate a conversation with him but the silence is killing me. Sitting here in the same room with him sucks.

To kill the time, I decide on editing the song on my laptop. I add some more effects and enhanced the tempo. Kyle sits near me and begins looking at what I’m doing in the laptop. I move farther as I turn away from him. I didn’t want him to be near me and to snoop around while I am working. Kyle feels rejected then he backs off. I continue on fixing the music.

I am not really this industrious in working except if it was working on something I love. And I simply love music! Music is like life, that’s why it’s so wonderful. Besides, I had to do something. I wouldn’t stand sitting idly next to Kyle.

I sigh. I know I’m being awfully mean. Kyle is still my friend after all that he did. But right now, I don’t—I can’t act nice. I wish I could be but I can’t.