Chapter 28: Until the Door Opens (Jaime's Side)

Dedicated to the birthday of cutechildromance

Jaime’s Side <3

“What’s taking Princess so long? She was supposed to teach me the other steps today.” I whisper to myself.

I’ve been walking back and forth for hours now! My feet are bleeding and I’m terribly hungry. (I’ve been exaggerating on that part.)

I turn left and right. There’s still no sight of her. I give up and slouch on a nearby bench. I have no other option but to wait.

It is getting colder and colder. The sudden caress of the cold breeze brings chills down my spine. I begin sneezing and sneezing.  I forgot my jacket at home so I have nothing but my hand to hold on to. I rub it hard, hoping to generate heat.

Suddenly, a hand holding out a white jacket appears out of thin air.

“Freezing morning. Sorry I’m late.” I hear a voice say.

I am hoping that it is Princess but it isn’t. The voice is not of a girl’s. It is of a boy’s, and a familiar one at that note.

“Mikee?” I ask. “What are you doing here?”

“I thought Princess told you that we were having dance lessons.” He replies, finally settling beside me.

What? She didn’t tell me anything! What is this? Is this some kind of prank or joke? I don’t feel like laughing. Ha. Ha. Ha. I feel nervous and somehow embarrassed.

Yet, I also feel so happy.

I stare back at Mikee in shock. Am I dreaming?

After five minutes, I decide to grab my cell phone and complain to Princess. She must have a really important reason to ditch me!

As I look at my cell phone’s screen, I immediately spot a message from Princess.

“Mikee should be there by now. Enjoy!” it says.

There are no apologies or excuses telling me where she went. I knew it! She planned this.

I shift my gaze back to Mikee who is flashing a childish smile. Suddenly, I feel like melting.

We fall silent for a couple more minutes until he finally speaks up.

“Where would we be practicing?” he asks.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot.

“Um… we have an empty condominium unit for rent. Since no one is using it, we could practice there.” I answers.

Then it occurs to me. It will be just be me… and Mikee… alone in the condo unit! I don’t know whether I would get freaked out or if I would jump for joy. One thing’s for sure. It will be pretty awkward.

Mikee and I ride a cab in going to the condo. I decide to remain silent for the rest of the trip (which is hard, considering that I am such a loud mouth). Mikee doesn’t allow me to stay put either. He keeps on poking my arm from time to time. I want to burst out laughing but I don’t. I try my best not to.

The ride is longer than usual so I feel very sleepy. My eye lids are dropping and so is my head. I am almost drooling when Mikee asks the most pathetic question ever.

“Are you mad at me?” he asks. His eyes were teary and his expression is that of a cute puppy’s. His voice sounds a little softer than the usual. Overall, he looks like a kid who lost his balloon.

Instantly, my eyes are wide open.

“Whaa—No!” I reply.

Why would Mikee think that I was mad at him? I don’t think that I have the capacity to do that.