Chapter 40: The Click (Princess' Side)

I loooooooove this chapter. I enjoyed typing it. It's full of love and cuteness.

Tell me what you think. ;) --Love, stupidcupid :))

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Princess' Side

A rainbow came after the storm.

It’s been a week since Typhoon Marina attacked. Slowly, things went back to normal. People returned to their houses and repaired the damages. Big and small industries reopened.

Only my life changed drastically.

“Good morning,” Vince and I are going to school to help Ms. Suzanne with the final arrangements for the play. And yes, we are going to school together.

“Good morning to you too,” I grab my bag and link my fingers with his.

Even after a week, being this close to him feels strange. All my life, I’ve tried to get away from him. But seeing how this small gesture caused him to smile, I know that I don’t want to run anymore.

“Daddy!” Andy’s cute voice chirps in. “Please take care of Mommy Princess.”

Vince kneels down and pats his head. “Don’t worry, buddy. I’m not going to let that happen again.”

During “confession night”, I got really really sick. And it wasn’t romantic at all. When Vince and I held hands for the first time, I sneezed! After that, he insisted that I go to sleep while we wait for the rain to stop. Unfortunately, it rained the whole night while Vince kept on trying to get my fever down. My parents, especially Andy were very worried about me.

“I’m a strong girl. I can handle myself.” I tell Andy, trying to regain a bit of my dignity.

“Sure you can.” Vince pulls me closer. We walk towards the school bus.

As we stepped inside, I got a strong feeling of déjà vu. The scene feels familiar. Yes, it was almost like this after the sleepover. Except Vince is mine now.

I take a window seat while Vince sits beside me.

“So… how many points did you win yesterday?” I ask Vince.

“Points? Do you mean Family Feud points?” he smiles smugly.

“What else could I mean?” I cross my arms. “Don’t worry; I’d just laugh at your low low score.”

“Wow,” Vince scoffs. “Somebody’s a bit airheaded today.”

“I learned from the expert.” I stick my tongue out. “So how many points did you get?”

“I’d rather not tell. You might get a heart attack.” Vince says.

 “I get it. You’re too ashamed to say it.” I pat his back.

“Who said anything about being ashamed?” he asks.

“Then tell me.” I insist.

“Don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” Vince pauses, dramatically.

“I had 499 points!” He declares. I sigh.

“That’s alright, love. Better luck next time.” Vince smirks.

“I thought I could beat you this time.” I pout. “I even got 552 points.”

“No hard feelings. I know I’m a—“ Vince’s eyes widened when he realized it. “552 points? How did you do that?”