Chapter 9: Falling for You (Jaime's Side)

This is formerly a part of chapter 8. Still the same. --Love, stupidcupid

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^

 Jaime’s Side <3

I watch Princess as she stands there on the stage. Clearly, she’s tensed and pressured. She looks unsure of herself. It's hard for me to watch my best friend hyperventilating on stage! Maybe not exactly hyperventilating but you should get the point. All I could do is silently cheer for her.

Suddenly, I notice that someone is beside me. It's someone tall and extremely fragrant. 

I’d know this perfume from anywhere. 

To confirm my suspicions, I find Mikee, my ever so charming prince. I immediately look away as I blush.

“Hello!” he greets me with an usual jolly spirit. I greet him with a smile, not really knowing how to respond. 

Oh my gosh! Mikee just greeted me. Mikee just greeted me! Ahh!

“This play is some hard business.” Mikee starts saying. “Do you want to practice?” he asks.

All I could do was nod. For the first time in my life, I, Jaime Anne am speechless! I thought it's impossible but Mikee has just the magic to shut me up.

Afterwards, he grabs my hand and pulls me back stage. The way he touched my hand was a breath-taking sensation! I wouldn’t have let go but I had too. He wasn’t mine. But that didn’t matter now. Mikee is by me now, that’s what matters.

Before it becomes too awkward, Mikee lets go of my hand and I automatically miss how our fingers were intertwined. I stare at my hand for quite a while. I am never going to wash this.

“Jaime?” he says. His voice was so soothing as he said my name. Who knew my name was so pretty?

I turn and look in his direction. “Coming.” I say, smiling.

“So you’re playing my love interest.” He says.

“Basically, my character is playing you’re character’s love interest.” I correct him while I feel my cheeks heat up.

“So if that’s the case, is there a chance that you’d like me?” he asks.

“What?! – What are you saying?” I say while turning red.

“I’m just kidding.” Mikee says while laughing a bit. I decide to laugh with him.

Then we begin chatting and chatting for hours. He does most of the talking. Our topics are out of this world. It goes from his dead toenail to his uncle that pretended to be a monkey to get a job in the zoo. Mikee is so funny and energetic.

This Mikee is totally different from how everyone labels him. Mikee isn't really just simple and plain. In reality, he's an amazing person who can easily lift up your mood.

Oh how I wish this moment would never end. It’d be fine for me if he’d tell me stories forever. I’d listen to him. I’d even laugh at his corny jokes. I’d be an amazing life to spend with him. I know this is a cliché thing to say but I can't imagine my "happily-ever-after" without him.

I blush as I realize how embarrassing my thoughts are. I sound like a love struck sappy hormonal teenager!

I'm not really like this before. I was a normal girl who didn't have a clue on what having a crush feels like. I was just a loud girl that doesn't have the word love in her vocabulary. My old self would definitely scold my present self if she still existed.