Chapter 32: memories

Okay so last time I’m saying this: Jake does not care about Heather that much, almost not at all.  He isnt some human that grew up around love and emotions. He grew up around hatred and killing. He takes one chance with a girl and she chooses to die than stay with him. Jake will not just change that fast.

I woke up sweating, with a huge headache that was almost unbearable. There was a buzzing in my ear like the horn that goes off when a basketball game is over. My head was pulsing like my brain was trying to get out.

I put my hands to my head and put pressure but it didn’t help. I threw off the cover and got off my bed. Standing up everything thing around me began to spin.

“Whoa” I wobbled and just barly caught my balance. Once I was steady I headed to my bathroom to throw some water on my face.

It took me more than ten minutes just to reach the door, I fell into it rather than opening it. I grabbed onto the sink and steadied myself. What was happening to me? I was not feeling like this last night, I was just tired.

I turned on the faucet with cold water and let it run. The sound soothed my head and also made me want to pee. I grabbed a handful of water and splashed it on my face. It literally almost sizzled with contact. My head felt extremely hot when I put a hand to it, more than likely I had a fever.

I looked up into the mirror at myself and opened my mouth. I had deep purple bags under my eyes and my forehead was swollen. This wasn’t just some cold I was down right dying!

The mirror started to fog up and crystalized on the edges. The temp dropped and my breath visable in front of me. Not again.

“Doesn’t feel good to die does it?” He said with a grave tone.

“What is happening to me?” I panted and gripped the sink hard with a sudden urge to puke.

“Like I said, you are dying.” He walked up to the sink beside me and stood.

“Why?” I moaned as the light started to hurt my eyes.

“Jake hasn’t taken blood from you in awhile, there fore your body will shut down.” He took a hand and turned my face to him.

“Its advancing fast, its been longer than a week.” He growled and dropped his hand.

“He isnt feeding from me like Im some cow.” I snap and then double over from the pain in my stomache.

He laughed a deep cold laugh and picked me up then set me on the floor next to the wall.

“You are quite the evil little one arnt you?” He put a strand of hair behine my ear.

“Who are you?” I whisper and feel my throat constrict.

“You know who I am, black robe, long scythe, hood.” He named off things like he was giving me hints.

“I know that part.” I took a breath. “But why are you following me, who are you to me?” I stared at his hood trying to peer into it.

“Ah we will save that for another time. That’s if you live through the night.” He poked my nose and dissapeared leaving me alone to die in the bathroom.

I didn’t want to die in a bathroom, yet alone die at all. Is this really happening because I havent let Jake drink my blood? I remember when he did, that satisfaction it felt to have him that close to me. The emotions and electricity it sent through my body. I felt amazing, loved, at home with one person. That was the problem though, it wasn’t reality. Reality was a monster was drinking my blood and would just throw me away when he is finished.