Chapter 18:

I knew I was sleeping for awhile because everytime I woke up my eyelids were heavy.  After the fourth time I was able to peel open my eyelids. I turned my head slightly over and seen Jake sitting in one of the side chairs by the window reading a book.

Jake reads? I laughed at the thought, because I really didn't know much about the guy I was living with.

I squinted to see the title of the book and broke into a big smile. He was reading Vampire kisses, and either I was out awhile or he is a fast reader because He was already half way through.

"Hey" I said softly.

His eyes snapped to mine, gentle and beautiful.

"Look who is finally awake. How many of those pills did you take? Trying to OD or something?" He smiled and set down the book.

His smile was distracting me from rational thoughts so I chose to not answer.

"I got you what you asked for, so do you want a movie first or a book?" He got up and went to the dresser. On it were a stack of dvds and books.

"Bring them to me, so I can decide." I said and waited to see if he would actually do it.

He did.

After a few minutes of looking through what he had set on the bed I noticed he did not get everything on my list. The last two harry potters were not there, but he had gotten me everything else. It wasn't a big deal but I was gonna play it off just to mess with him.

"Jake all the harry potter arnt here." I said with a serious expression.

"I know, the movie rental place said they havent been released yet." He said his eye slightly narrowed.

"Well I said I wanted them all." I said in a duh tone, like a snotty brat who only got the barbie but not the dream house.

"Well they arnt out so pick." He shoved the movies toward me.

"I dont want these then!" I shoved all the stuff off the bed onto the floor with a thud.

He growled at me and gave me a look that meant I was gonna be in trouble. That only sent a surge of adreniline through me, I was going to push him a little furthur with some guilt.

"You know what Jake? All I asked for was some movies and books because I'd be staying here for awhile till my hand heals. Which YOU broke, and you can't have the decency to try a bit harder to find all the movies? You are so incapable of helping me its ridiculous, a monkey could do a better job!" I screamed.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" He threw his hands up and I could see the veins that were tightly pressed against his muscles. My eyes went a bit glossy at the sight and my mind was in tune with his emotions.

"All you do is complain, your so god damn difficult-" He stopped once he realized I was staring at him with my mouth half open.

"Heather!" He yelled and I immediatly snapped out of it, like a cold bucket of water was washed over me.

"Geeze Jake calm down I was only joking, I really dont care about the movies." I giggled and picked up a movie at random then handed it to him.

"It wasn't funny." He mumbled and ripped the movie from my hand.

"well not for you, it was supposed to just be funny for me." I rolled my eyes and looked at my hand.

It had some blue brusing around the knuckles but it wasn't deformed. I was too scared to move it so I just let it lay there and go back to watching Jake.

He clicked play then went back to the chair he was sitting in before. with just one glance up at me he went back to reading the book. He was a cute reader all intent and stuff.

I just watched the movie untill it was over, by that time Jake was done reading the book.

"Is there a book two for this?" He asked lifting up the book.

I nodded my head "Yes, there is nine all together."

"Really? Hmmm..." He sat there for a minute. "Im going to run to the book store and get them, do you need anything?"

I smiled that he liked the books and said "yes, Im hungry"

"Okay Ill pick something up for you." He said and swiftly left the room.

---------

I put in another movie and layed back relaxed. I try not to think about how much I miss my mom and dad. I try not to think about how my life was over and I know belonged to someone. I honestly tried to not think at all.

I heard a russle next to my window. Then my window swung open with a guy tan with green eyes jumping through. It was Max from the party, and I must have good drunk goggle because he still looked good.

"Hey" He said smiling showing his perfect teeth.

"hey how are you here? Better question why are you here?" I said sitting up a bit.

"Well I never got a call from you, so I'm assuming you didnt get my number?" He asked and walked up next to my bed.

"No I heard the message but was wise not to do anything about it. You know that if Jake comes back he will kill you if your in here?" I was a bit scared for his life but also for mine.

"No he wont, Im part of royal blood, he can hurt me but not kill me without consent." He smiled proudly.

"Yeah but he can hurt me" I said and lifted up my hand.

"He did that?" Max said a little edge to his voice.

"Yes, so leave, this is not a good idea" I was nervous, Jake should be back any minute.

"Okay fine but one thing." He said and with out a chance to object he kissed me long and hard. Grabbing onto my waist half lifting me in the air.

Then he was gone, out the window just as Jake opened my door.

talk about having a heart attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment and I'll upload.

who do you like better Jake or Max?